AVIC411.com

AppRadio 4 with CarPlay just announced - finally...

I Have one doubt about carplay. If I buy new appradio 4 with 2 USB 's. I will be able to connect one iPod classic with all my music in one usb and to connect the an iPhone 6 in the other one to use carplay. This way I can use MAPS to get instructions and then at the same time to listen music from the iPod.

can you confirm this feature.

thks

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mcorbella73

I do not have an AR4, but here some information based on the manual:

To use Car Play you must connect the iPhone to the USB 1 port:

Connect the USB cable to USB port 1 when using Apple CarPlay.
My understanding is that you can use either port for 30 pins or iPod functionality, but nothing specifically says if you can use both at the same time...

@mcorbella73

I have an AVH-4000NEX with an iPod Classic on USB 2 and I have to use the native Pioneer interface to control the music functions on the iPod, but I can still use my iPhone 6 on USB 1 to access the CarPlay features like Maps, Messages, handling calls, etc.

For confirmation, I have an AR4 with an iPhone 6 all running current firmware. CarPlay is enabled and I can definitely plug my iPod into USB2 and it works. I have an old iPod Video 30GB, so the classic should work also.

Great. Means you can navigate with MAPS via CarPlay and listen music from iPod. With each indication by MAPS, the music volume decrease.

Very good and many Thks for yr info.

Another bit of information... You can't have bluetooth streaming and an iPod connected to USB2 at the same time. Seems odd, but you'd most likely have your phone connected to USB1 anyway for CarPlay.

Basically, if I do understand, you can use an iPod on USB 2, or an iPhone with Car Play on USB 1, or BT streaming, but not either at the same time. One connectivity excluding the other. So one cannot play music from an iPod while using map on iPhone?

That's ok for me, maybe not ok for @mcorbella

Basically, if I do understand, you can use an iPod on USB 2, or an iPhone with Car Play on USB 1, or BT streaming, but not either at the same time. One connectivity excluding the other. So one cannot play music from an iPod while using map on iPhone?

That's ok for me, maybe not ok for @mcorbella

What I understand is that you can listen music from iPod connected to usb2 and at the same time iphone CarPlay connected to usb1.