AVIC411.com

Audio "Popping" on Shut-off

Well if you spent 1500 on a unit and you had to change two units out in your car already for this issue you would seem rude about the issue. This site is for us to help each other out and all I see is selfish posts when I am letting yall know to call pioneer about the issue. The more they know about the issue the sooner we get an update. I have been on the phone and hold with pioneer enough to hear them tell me this is the first they hear of any issue like this. I have a video I have tried to send them and they tell me they can't get that from me. I am always calm brother maybe you should help with the issue by calling.

Did I say I wouldn't call? No. I simply questioned Pioneer's concern for our complaints, as we've been complaining for months about CarPlay and haven't gotten a single response. That's all, man. But if it makes you feel like you're getting something accomplished to call people selfish and scared on the Internet, knock yourself out.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't have time to argue with you on this situation. I called already this morning and I got the same thing told to me that this is the first time they are hearing about the situation. When pioneer doesn't seem to check this site or put down in notes that others have called this morning about this situation. I always get the best line from them saying they will send it to the engineer for this problem to be checked out. please provide your name, address, and etc for us to contact you back.

A "me too" for this issue. I called Pioneer yesterday. I spent a long time on the phone going through every possible combination of resets. Pioneer claims they "have not heard of this issue." They want me to send the unit to them "for repair." This means driving around with a hole in my dashboard for an undetermined amount of time. I am not happy about this. They should be able to patch this with a firmware update. Goes without saying, but if you are experiencing this problem, call Pioneer support and tell them to fix this. I left a voicemail with the supervisor to see if they could just swap my unit so I would not be without. My unit is only 3 weeks old. And I looked forward to CarPlay...

Everyone experiencing this issue, Pioneer called me today in response to a voicemail I had left with a supervisor in customer support. He was very understanding of my (and everyone experiencing this issue's) frustration. He says they have now been able to reproduce the issue themselves, it is firmware related, although they haven't pinned down the exact cause. They believe it is only effecting those who use external amplifiers, and they are working to fix the issue. He also said that sending the unit in would not be productive, the rep that asked me to do that was just following protocol, and they won't be asking others who call in with the issue to do the same. 

• 2 weeks later...