AVIC411.com

CarPlay, NEX 4000, no call audio

Hey all...

Having some trouble with Carplay on my NEX 4000.

I was able to install the update.  My phone seems to connect properly when connected (to USB 1).

I can play music via the Carplay interface.  Calendar reminders even pop-up with a sound and notification window.

But...

Phone calls and Siri don't work.  When i receive a call, i can answer it via carplay.  But i never hear a ringtone, and i hear no caller audio, and it's silent on the other end too.

I can hit the button to bring up siri, and the little animation appears... but the sound wave line doesn't move as if it's "hearing" me.  And I can't hear sari's voice either.

I've reset the receiver twice.  Reinstalled the update.

I was running 8.1 beta, but downgraded to 8.0.2.  No change.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for your input.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running 8.1 with no issues. I was having some bluetooth phone issues with 8.02, but they went away with 8.1. Everything is still fine with CarPlay update.

You might try to reset network settings on the phone, and remove the iPhone from the pioneer bluetooth stack. Reboot everything and pair again.

yup...  it's charging, i can play music, and access playlists thru the carplay interface, calendar reminders even pop-up and chime thru the speakers.

It's so odd.  I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the maestro RR that interfaces with the stock wiring and steering wheel.  I don't know what else it could be.

The 4000 has it's own bluetooth, mic and speaker connections.  I don't understand why the Maestro would be interfering with that interaction between the phone and the headunit.

Hey Siri works when you are not in the car and plugged into an AC power jack? (My way of making sure you have the "hey siri" function turned on, on the phone.  I have a Jetta and the Maestro would not work with the premium audio system becasue it could not send the Canbus signal to power the amp on.  So I have something else but I will try this feature after I resolve my mic issue.

Update...well... the plot thickens.

I ordered the PAC interface, and the Metra/AXXESS interface and was planning on swamping them out to see if they made a difference.  But i'm still waiting for some parts to arrive. Anyways..

ADC released a new firmware for the Maestro RR today, so i thought I would give that a try.  No change. Still no phone call audio or siri input or output.

But...I also noticed something else.  No Sirius XM either!  It's not available as a source to select on screen.  I do have the external Pioneer sirius receiver plugged into the back of the headunit.  And it was working properly previously. So now I'm thinking that ii might not be the Maestro interface, but i headunit problem.

So I called Pioneer, to see what i needed to do to get it repaired.  I explained to the rep what the problems were.  He immediately responded that their engineers were AWARE of the problems, and are working hard on a new firmware fix.  No ETA of course.

Based on how long it took to get this firmware out, I'm not holding my breath.

So i think i'll just return the extra parts i ordered and try waiting patiently for the next firmware.  *sigh*

Update...well... the plot thickens.

I ordered the PAC interface, and the Metra/AXXESS interface and was planning on swamping them out to see if they made a difference. But i'm still waiting for some parts to arrive. Anyways..

ADC released a new firmware for the Maestro RR today, so i thought I would give that a try. No change. Still no phone call audio or siri input or output.

But...I also noticed something else. No Sirius XM either! It's not available as a source to select on screen. I do have the external Pioneer sirius receiver plugged into the back of the headunit. And it was working properly previously. So now I'm thinking that ii might not be the Maestro interface, but i headunit problem.

So I called Pioneer, to see what i needed to do to get it repaired. I explained to the rep what the problems were. He immediately responded that their engineers were AWARE of the problems, and are working hard on a new firmware fix. No ETA of course.

Based on how long it took to get this firmware out, I'm not holding my breath.

So i think i'll just return the extra parts i ordered and try waiting patiently for the next firmware. *sigh*

So you're telling me that engineers are aware of the Siri and phone call issue? They told me countless times that it was a hardware issue on my end. I guess enough people finally complained.

yup... that's what the rep told me.

He seemed to looking something up, and his response was near immediate.  he didn't ask me to try any other troubleshooting things or what not.

I may still try one of the other interfaces this weekend.  It seems so odd that so many people are without problems.