AVIC411.com

CarPlay, NEX 4000, no call audio

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... another update.

I finally got a new set of wiring, and all the pieces to try the Metra/Axxess adapter in place of the Maestro RR.

No change...  *sad trombone*

Still no phone call or siri audio.

And my Pioneer Sirius adapter is still not being recognized.

One glimmer of hope I had.  When I turned Siri off, Carplay popped up a warning screen, and than I turned it back on.  And for a brief moment i heard Siri's voice, and than silence again.  And i couldn't repeat it.

So I called Pioneer again.  And unlike  my previous call, the reps claim ignorance of these issues now. 

So I'm being directed to a service center,  Probably gonna have to mail it in since I'm so far out in the sticks.

This is probably a stupid response, but are you sure all your speakers are in working order?

My front speakers were shot when I installed my 7000, and I did not have siri and something else until I replaced those speakers. I forget what else I couldn't hear, but everything worked after the new speakers were replaced.

Phil

Yeah... everything is working Phil.

I actually get Music and Maps voice when connected with carplay.

And when not connected via carplay, I can make and receive calls, and stream music over Bluetooth to the headunit just fine as before.

Just no carplay phone call audio (speaker and mic) and no Sirius XM available as a source.

I have an identical problem with my 4000NEX.  When using CarPlay, no call audio, no ring tone when receiving calls, no Siri voice talking to me, nor does it appear that my voice is being picked up by Siri as the "line" doesn't move to indicate that sound is being picked up.  Everything else in CarPlay essentially works, including audio with Maps, Music, Spotify, etc. When not connected via carplay, I can also make and receive calls and stream music over bluetooth.  I've toyed around with almost any relevant setting I could find on both the 4000NEX and my iPhone 5, and nothing has resolved the issue.  I haven't been able to find any information about this problem outside of this forum despite repeated Google searches, and I find it extremely hard to believe that such a small number of people are being affected by this issue that nobody has posted about this anywhere else.

Should I even bother contacting Pioneer?  I get the impression that they will be absolutely no help, but maybe they need to hear from as many people as possible about this problem so they actually make it a higher priority to fix.  It's frustrating to hear that some people are being told that Pioneer is aware of the problem while others are being told that Pioneer has no idea what we're talking about.

The whole reason I purchased this unit was for CarPlay.  I'm sure it will be fantastic once it works, but having to unplug my phone and change the connection type from USB to Bluetooth (and back) every time I want to make a call over my system is too much of a hassle.

I have an identical problem with my 4000NEX.  When using CarPlay, no call audio, no ring tone when receiving calls, no Siri voice talking to me, nor does it appear that my voice is being picked up by Siri as the "line" doesn't move to indicate that sound is being picked up.  Everything else in CarPlay essentially works, including audio with Maps, Music, Spotify, etc. When not connected via carplay, I can also make and receive calls and stream music over bluetooth.  I've toyed around with almost any relevant setting I could find on both the 4000NEX and my iPhone 5, and nothing has resolved the issue.  I haven't been able to find any information about this problem outside of this forum despite repeated Google searches, and I find it extremely hard to believe that such a small number of people are being affected by this issue that nobody has posted about this anywhere else.

Should I even bother contacting Pioneer?  I get the impression that they will be absolutely no help, but maybe they need to hear from as many people as possible about this problem so they actually make it a higher priority to fix.  It's frustrating to hear that some people are being told that Pioneer is aware of the problem while others are being told that Pioneer has no idea what we're talking about.

The whole reason I purchased this unit was for CarPlay.  I'm sure it will be fantastic once it works, but having to unplug my phone and change the connection type from USB to Bluetooth (and back) every time I want to make a call over my system is too much of a hassle.

Are you using an iPhone 6 or 6 plus?

I was hopeful that Firmware 1.08 and/or iOS 8.1 would fix this issue.  I have installed both, and neither have fixed the call audio or siri issue.  Has anyone else had any luck with the updates (or any other method)?  This thread has been quiet for a week now, so I'm hoping that someone has figured out a solution...  

I'm reluctant to do a factory reset on my phone, which I remember reading somewhere fixed the problem for someone, but I'm beginning to think that's the next step...  Has anyone else had any luck with this method?  (if someone else already posted this on this thread, sorry for the redundancy).  

I was hopeful that Firmware 1.08 and/or iOS 8.1 would fix this issue.  I have installed both, and neither have fixed the call audio or siri issue.  Has anyone else had any luck with the updates (or any other method)?  This thread has been quiet for a week now, so I'm hoping that someone has figured out a solution...  

I'm reluctant to do a factory reset on my phone, which I remember reading somewhere fixed the problem for someone, but I'm beginning to think that's the next step...  Has anyone else had any luck with this method?  (if someone else already posted this on this thread, sorry for the redundancy).  

Hey Jon..

I'm having the same issues here.  I've tried all sorts of things.  I partially rewired today to utilize the new digital connection to the Maestro and pioneer deck.  No go.

I than backed up my phone, and did the factory reset on the phone and NEX.  Same issue.

I gave up, and finally packed up the headunit and sent it off to their repair shop.  Here's hoping I don't have a gapping hole in the dash for long.  And fingers crossed that the repairs work.

BTW.  What vehicle do you have?  Do you have the Sirius XM not reconginized/available as well?

good luck to you! I'll post back again when I receive the unit back from repair.

Thanks for wishing me luck!  I'm guessing I'll need it!  I have a 2004 Scion xB.  I don't subscribe to Sirius XM so I never tried connecting it to the unit.  

I backed up my phone and did the factory reset last night.  Didn't help at all.  I'm lost.

I hope that Pioneer figures out the problem and is able to fix it (or recommend an easy fix).  I sat for an hour after resetting the phone and tried adjusting settings for an hour yet again.  I just don't understand why so few people are having this issue.

The only thing I have left that I could try is to use a different lightning cable.  I'm guessing that I wouldn't even be getting CarPlay to open up if this was the issue to begin with, but I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I just installed my 6000Nex finished installing today and was testing out the features and nothing works, none of the audio from siri, ringtone sound, turn by turn direction on carplay, nothing no audio.  the music plays great everything of that sort working fine but not sure whats going on.  I updated the firmware before I even tried these features so I don't know if they were working before the update or not, but they have never worked since the install.  I'm at a loss I've checked everything even different iphones and still nothing.

I'm in the same boat as Blitzkrieg. Since install I've had no "command" audio. My music just gets low and nothing. I had my NEX 500 installed at best buy and at the time I had a blown front door speaker. The best buy installer told me that that's the speaker all command audio including caller audio comes from. Finally got a new set of speakers in today and still no "command" audio. I have no idea what the problem might be.

So an update. On my system I have a 4ch amp supplying sound to all my speakers. Rca from and rear out from nex HU to rca in on 4ch amp. My amp is a kicker amp that has a "fader" button. With that button not pressed in i would not get phone or "command" audio with it pressed in voila, sound has returned. This fader button I believe has something to do with differentiating front and rear sound not sure. But that fixed my problem. Now to fix this intermittent popping... Hoping it's not a Headunit issue

Here's a clarification of my issue (and seemingly the identical issue of the toddlerco, the opening poster).  A few of the recent posters seem to be having issues related to speakers, which seems to be a completely separate issue.

My issue definitely doesn't have to do with speakers.  All of my front and rear speakers work properly.   All 4 speakers in my car have full-range; the speakers in the front are not "bass only".  I hear music played via CarPlay just fine through front/back, left/right, and no channel lacks treble.  I do not have an external amplifier in my system; my head unit powers all speakers.  This is definitely beyond just "command" audio for me.  Perhaps this may be an issue for others if indeed the "command" audio is indeed only through the front speakers and their front speakers only play bass, but I'm certain this is not the problem I'm having.  Those with the speaker issue seem to be lacking audio for Maps as well...

I cannot hear Siri, call audio, or ring tones.  I CAN hear turn-by-turn directions (in Siri's voice) from the maps, but this is the only instance that I can hear Siri's voice. I cannot hear Siri ask me questions in any circumstance.   I cannot hear Siri when I press and hold the home button to trigger "her/him", nor can I hear the telltale Siri beep indicating that the system is ready to listen to me ask a question or issue a command.   Siri will not read messages received through the messaging app.  

Also, Siri cannot "hear" me; the audio picked up by the microphone connected to the head unit is not being routed to Siri, nor is it being routed to a phone call when I answer a call from the head unit while in CarPlay (or when I place a call by selecting a contact via the screen).  (i.e. I hear silence through the car audio system, the caller on the other end of the line hears silence from my end too).  I cannot dictate text messages.  The line that goes across the bottom of the screen when the unit is listening, which is supposed to look like a sine wave when audio is being picked up by the microphone, looks completely flat in my case, and times out without any command or dictation being picked up.

I think this is a complete description of the problem as I can provide.  I believe everything else works properly, though I cannot be certain I have tried everything and come across every problem.  

I tried one more thing over the weekend; instead of doing a factory reset on my phone then restoring everything (which I did last week), I reset all settings (not content) and did not restore.  This supposedly has fixed some bluetooth audio-related problems some people have been having, so I figured maybe it might fix the way audio was routed to CarPlay as well. (yes, I know that CarPlay does NOT use Bluetooth, so perhaps this was foolish of me for thinking this might fix the issue at all.)  I knew it was a long shot, but at this point I'm willing to try anything.  Unfortunately it fixed nothing...

Like I said, I believe toddlerco, who sent his unit in for repairs last week, is having identical problems based on his descriptions (with the additional problem of Sirius not showing up, which I do not have).  I'm worried that nobody else has discussed this problem in a week or two; this can't possibly just be affecting two or three people...  Has anyone who has had identical problems to what I've had found a fix yet?  Did the firmware update or new iOS version fix the problem for anyone?