AVIC411.com

CarPlay, NEX 4000, no call audio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incase this helps anyone- I was having the same issue with an avic 8000NEX in a 2011 Dodge nitro.

Carplay would connect, spotify would play, but no call audio, no siri audio, and it appeared my voice wasn't getting to siri judging by the voice line that should have been wavy.

I am using the idatalink Maestro RR with the appropriate HRN-RR-CH1 harness for Chrysler. 

My car has the factory upgraded sound system WITH an amp. The instructions for the maestro say to verify this with specific wires absent from the factory harness, however, I HAVE these wires, and following the instructions I connected green to white and white to green on the maestro harness. This turned out to be wrong, and even though I HAVE the wires in my factory harness, I still have a factory amp and should have connected green to green and white to white. Once I made this correction, all was fixed.

This could be a likely cause for anyone with a Chrysler family vehicle with a factory amp and a maestro installed. Worth checking out!

Just wanted to post my recent experience.  4000NEX and 5S.  I got the 4000 before the carplay firmware update. Installed 1.06 and it worked - was very happy.  Everything had been working fine till about a week or so ago.  Then no more Siri - no phone, no text, no voice directions, etc.  Although music still played.  I have the steering wheel control box and 've had a couple of occasions where this some of it has stopped working - restarting the phone always solved problem.  Restarting my phone didn't change a thing.  I tried installing 1.06 again but did not help.  Then I came here today and found out about the 1.08 update.  I updated to 1.08 and everything is working again.  If I had to guess I would say I updated my phone and that caused it to stop working.

Regardless, 1.08 worked for me.  Hopefully it will work for you.  Best of luck.

Just to keep things going, today it worked for this morning but now I have an even weirder problem.  Now I can use Siri, the phone, text messaging, maps, etc. but I cannot use music.  Everytime I try to start the music icon it flashes momentarily and then goes back.  Oddly enough even physically disconnected but still connected under BT the phone does the same thing.  Not sure which is worse - no music or no phone but no phone definitely feels worse.

There is a way to downgrade iOS, use Google to find how to do it.

That said, if you have tried restarting the phone, forget and pair again the Bluetooth connection, and all that basic iPhone side troubleshooting, you might need to run a restore on your iPhone, but not restoring the backup. Pain the the backside as you have to rebuild everything, but it can fix a batch of problems.

Possible Solution:  I had been strugglling with the Siri issues/no music as well and tried everything, ie  full restore of iphone, reset of Pioneer, turning Carplay off and on on the iPhone and on the Pioneer and nothing worked.  Then I tried one more thing that seems to have fixed it.   I turned off Bluetooth on my iphone, reset the phone, and it is now working for me most of the time.  I did this about two weeks ago and Siri is popping up speaking and listening whenever I go to phone, or messages or Maps etc.   Even Hey Siri works sometimes.  When it doesnt work, I reset the phone and that seems to fix it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed but gaining confience that this fixed it.

• 2 years later...

I know it’s been years but mine has been in this mode for a long time as well. Until two days ago when everything was working fine for no reason at all. Today, it stopped again. My radio was sent for repair and the cost was ludicrous and i was told it would only lfixnhe Siriusxm issue that arrived at the same time. so I opted not to fix it. I have removed the unit numerous times and exchanged cables. My opinion after dealing with pioneer, they suck. Stay away from its radios.