AVIC411.com

5000 Nex not updating / stuck in recovery

Hi all long time lurker first time poster. As you all know the new car play update came out for out units recently. I went to run the update from usb drive in usb 1 and it went through the process up to the point were it reboots and ever since its suck in that recovery ( black screen white text ) ever since. Have tried other usbs, different formating, re downloaded firmware, micro sd, other usb port, nothing seems to fix it, All it will do is say reading this may take awhile then it says failed. If I hit the home button to try again it shows 1.01 --> 1.01 and 0% as soon as it hits 1% it instantly says failed. Tried with car running, car off, moving, parked. no matter what nothing does it. Also when the unit boots even with nothing plugged into it instantly after the NEX screen it goes to the black recovery screen. Has anybody had this and or any suggestions? 

Thanks All

unit is a 5000 NEX

Update...

Email pioneer support the same thing I posted here and I got a replay back saying

" Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems installing the map upgrade.

From the information you provided, it appears there is an internal problem
                 with the unit. You would need to send the unit in to Pioneer for service.
                 Use the link below to begin the repair process."

So that is were I stand for now. Plain on taking the unit out of the dash tonight to try and cut power to it all together and see what results I get after that. Will keep posting updates so if anyone in the future runs into this problem they have some info to go off of.

• 2 years later...