AVIC411.com

NEX 4000 1.06 update - "Firmware Update" button grayed out

Hello all,

Like most of you here, I'm trying to install the 1.06 update onto my NEX (4000 model), which is currently on 1.02.  Here are the things I've done:

• Triple checked that I got the right file from the website.
  • Formatted a USB drive as FAT32 (tried this on my PC and Mac even though it shouldn't make a difference).
  • Put the whole "AVIC5000NEX" file on the root of the drive [edit: I did unzip the download and put the uncompressed folder on the flash drive].
  • Put the USB drive in USB1.
  • Turned the audio source to off.
  • Made sure my phone was physically and wirelessly disconnected.

But when I go to settings >system > system information, "Firmware Update" is grayed out!  I have also repeated all of the above steps with an SD card and had the same results.

In troubleshooting, I have restarted my car multiple times, but no luck. But the most interesting thing is when I tried going to "restore settings", all of the options are grayed out here as well! So I cannot reset any of the settings, which seems like a red flag that something bigger may be going on.  I considered maybe 1.02 can't update directly to 1.06, but I haven't seen that problem mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

can anyone think what the issue may be?

Thank you for any assistance!

Hello all,

Like most of you here, I'm trying to install the 1.06 update onto my NEX (4000 model), which is currently on 1.02.  Here are the things I've done:

• Triple checked that I got the right file from the website.
  • Formatted a USB drive as FAT32 (tried this on my PC and Mac even though it shouldn't make a difference).
  • Put the whole "AVIC5000NEX" file on the root of the drive.
  • Put the USB drive in USB1.
  • Turned the audio source to off.
  • Made sure my phone was physically and wirelessly disconnected.

But when I go to settings >system > system information, "Firmware Update" is grayed out!  I have also repeated all of the above steps with an SD card and had the same results.

In troubleshooting, I have restarted my car multiple times, but no luck. But the most interesting thing is when I tried going to "restore settings", all of the options are grayed out here as well! So I cannot reset any of the settings, which seems like a red flag that something bigger may be going on.  I considered maybe 1.02 can't update directly to 1.06, but I haven't seen that problem mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

can anyone think what the issue may be?

Thank you for any assistance!

When you say "Put the whole "AVIC5000NEX" file on the root of the drive" make sure we are talking about the actual expanded folder from the zip file and NOT the zip file itself. You will need to uncompress the zip file before putting it onto your USB drive.

-MK

When you say "Put the whole "AVIC5000NEX" file on the root of the drive" make sure we are talking about the actual expanded folder from the zip file and NOT the zip file itself. You will need to uncompress the zip file before putting it onto your USB drive.

-MK

Yes, I did unzip the archive and put the uncompressed folder on the drives.  Thank you for pointing that out, I'll edit my original post with that info.

I have the exact same problem.  It seems like the deck thinks it is in a state where things can't be done (parking break not on, car in movement) or something like that.  Tried SD cards, USB drives, and still no luck!  

I have an 2004 Audi A4 with a TR7 bypass module.  Any other tips or things to try would be great!