AVIC411.com

NEX 8000 Reported Bugs from 1.06!!

The guy at Pioneer was a complete prick, but I did report that the audio/video resume on USB is broken and does not work.

This is very annoying, and makes a large thumbdrive almost usless...

Please post any other bugs here, so we can at least point these things out to Pioneer...

I also learned that you can not revert back to 1.05 firmware....

Detailed explanation: When inserting a thumbrive on 1.05, it will read format, and then you can navigate to a folder, say a long audiobook, and start playing... Say you get to chapter 3, you turn off the car, and when you turn the car back on, it had previous to this firmware update RESUME where you left off.

Now, the car re reads the format everytime, and starts at the same random spot on the USB drive, and you lose your place consistantly...

Touch calibration seems off on keyboard when entering an address in the built in Nav (not CarPlay maps). There does not appear to be any way to recalibrate the screen on the 8000.

Entering an address is an exercise in frustration since this update. Characters are ignored, requiring multiple presses to get a letter or number to register.

All kinds of wonkiness in the maps app with screen orientation, keyboard only half visible, freezing up etc.

In carplay, the phone won't recognize my voicemail password (works fine when entered on the phone itself).   Wasn't an issue when doing the same thing via bluetooth from the nex's native keypad.

On the plus side, 1.06 improved the touchscreen response in appradio mode (for my android phone) and the track skip buttons on my steering wheel work now in appradio mode.

Hi all, I have signed up to report an annoying bug, I am in Australia and have the avic-f60dab which is the equivalent of the 8000nex.

With carplay on, if you ask anything to Siri, like ask for a song or make a call. When you go back to play music the sound is screwed up, it sounds hollow and piercing like a 64kb mp3. You can fix it by either unplugging the phone and reconnecting to carplay or by pressing the pioneer home button, pressing AV then OFF. Then pressing the home button again and selecting carplay. If you use Siri again it screws it up again.

If you connect via Bluetooth, without carplay and use Siri eyes free, it doesn't affect it, it only seems to happen when the the phone is connect via lightning.

Can anybody check that this a problem with the 8000nex as well.

EDIT- solved by updating to 8.0.2.

I noticed on the AVIC-4000 that the Audio resume does work, just not on the 8000

I also am having problems with the keynoard in the NAV system, I touch the letter and it turns black, but doesn't show up, and I have to backspace and hold touch the keys....

It was fine before, and relatively fast when typing...

Again, I have a driver job and use the NAV 10 times a night...

Maps on CarPlay need much better contrast. It's really hard to see the roads at the default setting of 0 contrast, 0 brightness. Even setting the contrast way down only helps a little. Disappointing, although I think it's more Apple's fault and the fact that the screen is not HD quality in any way.

Touch calibration seems off on keyboard when entering an address in the built in Nav (not CarPlay maps). There does not appear to be any way to recalibrate the screen on the 8000.

Entering an address is an exercise in frustration since this update. Characters are ignored, requiring multiple presses to get a letter or number to register.

I am experiencing the same issues on my 8000, quite annoying!