AVIC411.com

CarPlay Maps Night Mode???

• 2 months later...

I haven't figured this one out. I'm actually using an AppRadio 4, but it should be the same. I went out on a night test drive last night and I saw the map on my phone was in fact in night mode. When I plugged it in and turn CarPlay on, it went back to day mode. 

Has anybody figured out how to enable this feature for certain? Thanks.

Mine seems to be working now. I believe the fix is to open the map in standard view mode. Open the app and go into standard view. Close it and reopen it. Hook the phone back up and open maps. It should go into night mode. It seems like there is a time trigger now for night mode too.

• 5 weeks later...

I was wondering if the NEX-4000 even had a dimming mode.  Mine does not dim at all.  It does not matter the time of day or if the headlights are on or off.... I was hoping this was a software thing.  But I bet there is a wire in there that is hooked up wrong... ugg... 

any thoughts?  

Thanks in advance!! 

• 5 weeks later...

Carplay Maps doesn't dim for me used it to night and it was very bright and as far as NEX dimming there is an illumination wire (Orange)  but unless its wired to harness adapters illumination wires you can't  dim from your cars dimmer.  I did notice the other day that when I updated the theme on my iPhone 6Plus that icons are also updated in Carplay on the NEX.