• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 whtcrxghst

whtcrxghst

Established Member

• Members
  • 4790 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

You have to pull up the silver sticker on the head unit and either solder between the two points or use a circuit tracing pen to connect the two. Also ground the parking brake wire

I see instructions here for an N3, but how is it done for an N2? Will just grounding the parking brake work, or does this system use the vehicle speed sense as well? Can the trick that is used for the Z1 (so-called flasher mod) be used on the N1, N2, or N3?

#2 jdunphy23

jdunphy23
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

You have to pull up the silver sticker on the head unit and either solder between the two points or use a circuit tracing pen to connect the two. Also ground the parking brake wire

I see instructions here for an N3, but how is it done for an N2? Will just grounding the parking brake work, or does this system use the vehicle speed sense as well? Can the trick that is used for the Z1 (so-called flasher mod) be used on the N1, N2, or N3?

Should I also disconnect the VSS wire? Thanks

#3 whtcrxghst

whtcrxghst

Established Member

• Members
  • 4790 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:19 AM

Just tap into another ground wire, like the black one in the harness

When you say ground the parking brake wire do you mean just dont attach it to the parking brake switch but instead bolt it to a metal object?

#4 tv-tech

tv-tech
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Location06478

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:20 PM

I'm just a newbie here but I can tell you that you should look at the two points that are under that silver sticker that's on the bottom of the dash unit with some magnification. When I first tried to mod mine, one of the points shorted to the side foil and the thing died. Only the flip screen worked. I looked at the pc board with a 30x magnifier and saw the problem and then re-soldered and now it's fine. Don't forget to remove the light green wire from the brake switch and put to ground by itself.

Still a novice...old school, tv-tech

#5 blown105

blown105
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:49 PM

Hello, newbie here. I am wanting to know if my CNDV-40MT is the latest map info I can use on my N1 with the ability to still watch / nav on the fly? Thanks for the help. Greg

#6 da_reeseboy

da_reeseboy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

Just curious...has anyone tried using a thermal paste like arctic silver 5 for the N2 bypass?

Update - nevermind...I thought it actually had a high metallic content but I was wrong. :oops:

#7 393stroker

393stroker

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:26 AM

I'm just a newbie here but I can tell you that you should look at the two points that are under that silver sticker that's on the bottom of the dash unit with some magnification. When I first tried to mod mine, one of the points shorted to the side foil and the thing died. Only the flip screen worked. I looked at the pc board with a 30x magnifier and saw the problem and then re-soldered and now it's fine. Don't forget to remove the light green wire from the brake switch and put to ground by itself.

Still a novice...old school, tv-tech

do you have to put the light green wire by itself or can you put it in with another ground?

#8 nunyadamnbiz

nunyadamnbiz
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:16 AM

good look on the circuit writer pen from Fry's, it was only 12.99, and I only used a very, very small dollop, and will never use it again, if anyone wants to buy it for cheaper its up for sale...just pm me for info, anyways thanks all for the help with this and all the great tips....KT

#9 tv-tech

tv-tech
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Location06478

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:03 AM

As long as the wire is off the brake switch, ground is ground. Sorry for the long delay. Never knew there was a question for me.

tv-tech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users