AVIC411.com

AVIC N-2 bypass...

You have to pull up the silver sticker on the head unit and either solder between the two points or use a circuit tracing pen to connect the two. Also ground the parking brake wire

[quote name="chiefsalami"]I see instructions here for an N3, but how is it done for an N2? Will just grounding the parking brake work, or does this system use the vehicle speed sense as well? Can the trick that is used for the Z1 (so-called flasher mod) be used on the N1, N2, or N3?[/quote]
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]You have to pull up the silver sticker on the head unit and either solder between the two points or use a circuit tracing pen to connect the two. Also ground the parking brake wire

[quote name="chiefsalami"]I see instructions here for an N3, but how is it done for an N2? Will just grounding the parking brake work, or does this system use the vehicle speed sense as well? Can the trick that is used for the Z1 (so-called flasher mod) be used on the N1, N2, or N3?[/quote][/quote]

Should I also disconnect the VSS wire? Thanks
  • 1 month later...
I'm just a newbie here but I can tell you that you should look at the two points that are under that silver sticker that's on the bottom of the dash unit with some magnification. When I first tried to mod mine, one of the points shorted to the side foil and the thing died. Only the flip screen worked. I looked at the pc board with a 30x magnifier and saw the problem and then re-soldered and now it's fine. Don't forget to remove the light green wire from the brake switch and put to ground by itself.

Still a novice...old school, tv-tech
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
[quote name="tv-tech"]I'm just a newbie here but I can tell you that you should look at the two points that are under that silver sticker that's on the bottom of the dash unit with some magnification. When I first tried to mod mine, one of the points shorted to the side foil and the thing died. Only the flip screen worked. I looked at the pc board with a 30x magnifier and saw the problem and then re-soldered and now it's fine. Don't forget to remove the light green wire from the brake switch and put to ground by itself.

Still a novice...old school, tv-tech[/quote]
do you have to put the light green wire by itself or can you put it in with another ground?
  • 2 months later...