AVIC411.com

Comprehensive list of current Carplay issues

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Apple's bug as bass_rock mentions. The display and behavior is all on the phone. The head unit is simply responsible for displaying the video feed and sending input back to the phone (mic, touch, buttons, etc). I have folders of playlists too, but I can't reproduce your bug on 8.0.2, unfortunately. Have you tried rebooting the phone or force-quitting the Music app?

Strange.  Yeah...I have rebooted and forced quit numerous times.  Even updated to the 8.1 beta and it still occurred.  I have not tried it with the second release of 8.1 yet but will tomorrow.

If this is true...I wonder what is different between your phone and mine (iPhone 5s)?  If yours are working there must be some secret sauce I can perform to get mine to work too.  Are your songs in your playlists local to your iPhone or are they in the cloud like mine are?  I don't have any physical music on my iPhone other than the songs that have been downloaded when streaming from the cloud.

I have the NEX 8000 installed.   Before upgrading to carplay, I was able to watch video movies saved to my IPhone 5s.  Since the carplay upgrade, I can not get video to play at all, but can only hear the audio.  The HDMI heading no longer shows up on the NEX screen.   Is this function lost with the carplay upgrade.  Does anyone know if it's still possible to play movies from the iPhone after the carplay upgrade?   

Thanks,

I have the NEX 8000 installed.   Before upgrading to carplay, I was able to watch video movies saved to my IPhone 5s.  Since the carplay upgrade, I can not get video to play at all, but can only hear the audio.  The HDMI heading no longer shows up on the NEX screen.   Is this function lost with the carplay upgrade.  Does anyone know if it's still possible to play movies from the iPhone after the carplay upgrade?   

Thanks,

In smartphone settings have you tried setting it to the adapter instead of usb connection?

I have the NEX 8000 installed. Before upgrading to carplay, I was able to watch video movies saved to my IPhone 5s. Since the carplay upgrade, I can not get video to play at all, but can only hear the audio. The HDMI heading no longer shows up on the NEX screen. Is this function lost with the carplay upgrade. Does anyone know if it's still possible to play movies from the iPhone after the carplay upgrade?

Thanks,

Since carplay uses lightning to usb1, and video has to be played via apple a/v adapter to hook up hdmi, you have to choose one or the other. If the lightning cable from the apple a/v adapter was more than charge only, then there is a possibility that you could choose carplay or hdmi, but as of now, it is either carplay or hdmi. I play movies from my iphhone with update. Streaming, ie. Hbogo and movies downloaded on phone.

It's puzzling.  If I connect the USB/lightning & HDMI cable to the Apple a/v adapter and change the iPhone setting to A/V adapter, I get a USB error.  I tried changing to a different USB/lightning cable, but no change.  Car play works OK with the USB/lighting cable alone.

That's Apple's bug as bass_rock mentions. The display and behavior is all on the phone. The head unit is simply responsible for displaying the video feed and sending input back to the phone (mic, touch, buttons, etc). I have folders of playlists too, but I can't reproduce your bug on 8.0.2, unfortunately. Have you tried rebooting the phone or force-quitting the Music app? 

Had another thought on this I wanted to run by you.

With the way you have your folders organized - do you have a folder with a bunch of songs in it or do you have a folder with a bunch of playlists it it?  

If I have a folder with a bunch of songs in it it works.  As an example my "Recent Purchases" folder works as expected.  

But I have a folder called "My Favorites" which contains a bunch of playlists of my favorites artists and when I tap on "My Favorites" nothing happens.

I have a couple issues that I'm wondering if anyone else is having.

1.) Messages - Siri will, more often than not, repeat an older sent message rather than read new ones. she will ask if I want to hear my messages, I will say yes, and she reads a previous sent message and ask if I want to send it instead of reading new ones. If i say no or even yes, she says she doesn't understand?!? This makes messages pretty much useless.

2.) Random calls - It will make random calls to only one contact completely out of the blue. Yesterday, it made 17 random calls to this contact and I had to explain I didn't know why it was calling automatically.

On the plus side, Spotify seems to be working nicely. But I do have the very annoying POP when shut off.

I have a couple issues that I'm wondering if anyone else is having.

1.) Messages - Siri will, more often than not, repeat an older sent message rather than read new ones. she will ask if I want to hear my messages, I will say yes, and she reads a previous sent message and ask if I want to send it instead of reading new ones. If i say no or even yes, she says she doesn't understand?!? This makes messages pretty much useless.

2.) Random calls - It will make random calls to only one contact completely out of the blue. Yesterday, it made 17 random calls to this contact and I had to explain I didn't know why it was calling automatically.

On the plus side, Spotify seems to be working nicely. But I do have the very annoying POP when shut off.

iOS 8.1 was just released, does it fix the problem?