AVIC411.com

High pitch noise from 8000NEX display?

On 4/12/2017 at 6:07 PM, rosenzwa said:

I experienced this exact same issue on my Pioneer 4100NEX. When I was on the Bluetooth source, and activated the dimmer setting either through the Dimmer Settings Menu or the Picture Adjustment Menu, I would experience a very high pitched noise coming through the speakers. It was annoying enough that I could hear it over the music while driving at night.

I contacted Pioneer Technical Support and the technician was able to reproduce the issue on his 4100NEX as well. After a couple of weeks of troubleshooting on their end, they admitted it was an issue with the 4100NEX and sent me out a 4200NEX to replace it. The 4200NEX does not have the same issue and I have since sent back my 4100NEX.

If you experience this issue with your deck, I suggest calling Technical Support and mentioning that others have reported this same issue and new hardware was needed.

Good luck!

Just called about this issue re: my 8100NEX and they indicated that they had no knowledge of such a defect so my only option was essentially just to pay the flat refurbishing fee for the unit.

Wasn't confident that the issue would be resolved seeing as this issue is present across multiple models in the NEX family for a few generations... Not sure if I will be buying another Pioneer.

Do you have any contact information, documentation, or copies of emails regarding the investigation by the technician?