AVIC411.com

Got the AVIC-8000NEX with AXXESS AX-ADBOX1 - Installation question

Hi all -

I just got the AVIC-8000NEX today. I also needed the AXXESS AX-ADBOX1 for steering wheel controls (along with harnesses ADTY01 and the ASWC-1).

I have only one last question before I go install this in my car (Toyota Sienna 2008 Limited)...

The instruction manual for the AXXESS AX-ADBOX1 says:

Connect the Blue/White wire to the amp turn on wire for the aftermarket radio.

The problem is, I don't know what the "amp turn on wire" coming out of the 8000NEX is. I already have my blue/white wire from the 8000NEX connected to the blue wire on on my ADTY01 for the "radio's antenna turn on wire". All other wires are connected properly as far as I can see.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ethan

Sounds like they're talking about connecting it to the "remote" wire that is normally used to signal an amp to turn on.  Generally, this wire is blue.  I don't have the NEX wiring diagram in front of me, but it seems like that wire was labeled on the harness.

Coming from the NEX harness I have these wires:

• Yellow: Power (regardless of ignition)
  • Red: Ignition Power
  • Orange/White: Lighting Switch
  • Black: Ground
  • White, White/Black, Green, Green/Black, Gray, Gray/Black, Violet, Violet/Black: Speakers
  • Blue/White: System Remote Control (to auto-antenna relay control terminal or antenna booster power control terminal)
  • Pink: Car Speed Signal
  • Light Green: Parking Brake
  • Violet/White: Reverse-Gear Signal

Not from harness is Yellow/Black: Mute

Maybe I'm supposed to put the blue/white (harness), blue/white (ADBOX1), and blue (ADTY01) altogether?