AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

dear dzo,

Ive done every step up to copying your translated file. however, when i go to APL--> LANGDATA--> and attempt to paste the new file to where the old one was, the paste option never functions (as in, its not selectable). 

do you know anything i can do to fix this please? 

The file manager isn't very intuitive, you need to navigate to the source file, highlight select and press menu so the file has a + beside it, then highlight copy and then press menu again, now navigate to the destination directory and move to any entry and then paste should be selectable. After you have pasted, be very careful because it highlights the next available operation which just happens to be "delete"!!

There's a youtube video showing how to use the file manager somewhere.

If you are still having problems, I can make a testmode script to do the copying.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've translated the Japanese language strings for the MRZ99 to English. 

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

Some of the English is not perfect but it makes the system much more usable. 

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform version 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

To install this, unzip the attachment attachicon.gifmrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum is cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (right button with Japanese writing on it) 

This opens the file manager which is in English and fairly obvious.

Make a backup of /USER as described elsewhere on avic411.com

Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

go to  /USER/PRGx/APL/LANGDATA/

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the new PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it into LANGDATA where the old one was.

Switch off the power and when it restarts, it should be in English....

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Update: I've edited the translation to make a few of the strings fit the buttons better.. attachicon.gifmrz99English_v2.zip (130721 bytes, md5sum  7a4c582ce37f1fbca6caf0317e121ec5)

Please help me to change the language for mrz07 to english...

• 2 weeks later...

hi, will the english file work on the avic-mrz05?

It should do, you will probably need the file for mrz09 (in post #11). As long as you make a backup of the old file first  (it's called PF110JPJPN.LNG on the mrz09), replacing it is quite safe (because testmode runs before anything else). If you are worried, send me the existing file (or post it here) and I'll check if it's the same as mrz09.

• 2 weeks later...

How to change date and time settings? Does anybody know?

This isn't easy, the date and time are obtained from the GPS and there's no obvious way to change the timezone.

It may be possible to set the time if you unplug the gps antenna but I haven't tried this.

One way to hack the timezone would be to change the dll that reads the time to add an offset.

Hello

I just got my MRZ09 changed to the English version. I am so happy I made it.

There are some small adjustments needed but it looks very good though.

I you let me know how I will make these adjustments and have them available here.

Thanks

The translated strings are in my GitHub repo:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99

The file for mrz09 is translated_110.txt

You can edit them there or add a new file with a different language if you like. All the code to produce a language file is there.

I've also written some code to change the images and I'll make that available soon.

Here's a zip file that should automatically update mrz99, mrz77, mrz09 and mrz07 (and perhaps others).

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/blob/master/updatemrz99.zip?raw=true

Extract the zip to a usb drive and switch on the AVIC with it plugged in to install.

If you want to use a SD card, edit the script and replace USB\ with SD\ in the copy commands

It also replaces the images so there is almost no Japanese text left. 

My mrz99 has a photo of my family as the background but I'm sure you don't want that in your car so I've replaced it with this:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/blob/master/updated/b1853.bmp

Make sure you do a backup before running the script just in case.