AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a zip file that should automatically update mrz99, mrz77, mrz09 and mrz07 (and perhaps others).

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/blob/master/updatemrz99.zip?raw=true

Extract the zip to a usb drive and switch on the AVIC with it plugged in to install.

If you want to use a SD card, edit the script and replace USB\ with SD\ in the copy commands

It also replaces the images so there is almost no Japanese text left. 

My mrz99 has a photo of my family as the background but I'm sure you don't want that in your car so I've replaced it with this:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/blob/master/updated/b1853.bmp

Make sure you do a backup before running the script just in case.

Hi dzo,

I`ve managed to corrupt the files in PRG0/PRG1 and the file manager on my mrz90 does not have the copy function for some reason. Would you be able to create an update to fix this somehow?

Thanks

Here's an english language file for the mrz09, I haven't tested it so let me know if it works.

The mrz09 is from 2011 and has a few extra strings.

attachicon.gifmrz09.zip

Works perfectly well.

Hi guys

I have been trying to download the zip for MRZ09 but cant, its giving me an error and when it downloads the zip wont open i think its corrupted. Could somebody repost the zip please.

Hi guys

I have been trying to download the zip for MRZ09 but cant, its giving me an error and when it downloads the zip wont open i think its corrupted. Could somebody repost the zip please.

Nothing wrong with the zip. I just d/l it and unzipped. Are you using a Mac or some other apple thing?

Nothing wrong with the zip. I just d/l it and unzipped. Are you using a Mac or some other apple thing?

I am using Windows 10, i managed to get updatemrz99.zip  but not mrz09.zip and from dzo's post i think i will be able to change language on the mrz09. i want to change background image to something darker as i have eye issues but am not able to open image.img image to change the original background image before i patch the system. Any idea on what software i can use, or should i get a mac computer to open the image?

I am using Windows 10, i managed to get updatemrz99.zip  but not mrz09.zip and from dzo's post i think i will be able to change language on the mrz09. i want to change background image to something darker as i have eye issues but am not able to open image.img image to change the original background image before i patch the system. Any idea on what software i can use, or should i get a mac computer to open the image?

No. Mac's have been known to have problems with some Zip files. That is why I asked.

I can't help with what  you're trying to do - just telling you there's nothing wrong with that mrz09.zip file.

No. Mac's have been known to have problems with some Zip files. That is why I asked.

I can't help with what  you're trying to do - just telling you there's nothing wrong with that mrz09.zip file.

I managed to open the zip, updatemrz99.zip  didnt work for me but mrz09.zip worked. Thanks for giving me some courage to try downloading mrz09 zip again. I dont know what happened with the first trials. Dzo thanks a lot, i appreciate your effort and i would be happier if i can change the background to something dark, it kills my eyes and am forced to use AUX at night since the display goes dark when in AUX mode.

• 3 weeks later...

I've translated the Japanese language strings for the MRZ99 to English. 

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

Some of the English is not perfect but it makes the system much more usable. 

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform version 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

To install this, unzip the attachment attachicon.gifmrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum is cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (right button with Japanese writing on it) 

This opens the file manager which is in English and fairly obvious.

Make a backup of /USER as described elsewhere on avic411.com

Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

go to  /USER/PRGx/APL/LANGDATA/

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the new PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it into LANGDATA where the old one was.

Switch off the power and when it restarts, it should be in English....

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Update: There's now an installer that also changes the background and most of the important images with japanese text.

Find it here:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases

Worked, Thanks you saved me a few hundred bucks.

Any idea how to change the navi