AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear all,

I can fix MRZ 03,   MRZ 05, MRZ 07 and MRZ 09 as well as others to read ENGLISH instead of Japanese. Also I have a special antenna transformer that can allow the radio to reach all your FM stations for Europe. Further than that I also have the adapter for USB and JACK 3.5 mm etc. I also have maps for Europe which can be easily installed.

The language change is for free, so is the date /time settings.

However you will have to send me the unit and once I fix it I can return it to you.

Drop me a line in a Private Message here as I can not publish my email and I will come in touch with you either via Whatsapp or Viber so please add your number.

The antenna adaptor/converter costs about 20 euro, the adapter for USB and Jack 3.5 mm for your audio/phone is about 10 euro and the maps are between 12 to 20 euros depending on the country, full Europe is about 45. Shipping to Cyprus should not be more than 20 euros. I am NOT selling anything I do this as a hobby but the costs must be covered by you.

I hope this is not understood as an advert because I dont charge anything.

Best

Fanourio

Hello friend, please help, my son accidentally deleted some files from MRZ09, now it does boot up but it is not playing radio, only the screen powers on. How can I reset it or restore it? Please help

Ref dzo #15 and #52 

WORKED ON AN AVIC-MRZ05 following the instructions post #15 and using the .lng files  PF090JPJPN.LNG and PF110JPJPN.LNG downloaded from post #52 https://github.com/d...updatemrz99.zip all is good with the menu language.

d60b64fa02890436e0f82c570a895da4  PF090JPJPN.LNG

1f5b805396db05a883b822efabf0da33  PF110JPJPN.LNG

Notice that I replaced also the PF090JPENG.LNG and PF110JPENG.LNG files with the same (renamed) PF090JPJPN.LNG and PF110JPJPN.LNG as I noticed that the ENG files were in Japanese and if one selected English language option during setup the text reverted to Japanese.

Just to say thanks to dzo for the great instructions and hard work translating the Japanese to English and providing the updated .lng text file. 

As a Sys Admin I recommend following the instructions and navigating the file system manually on the stereo rather than clicking and hoping on a script but I have great respect for dzo.

Will have to read this topic further but I'd like to convert the .WAV files to English but might need an interpreter.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I can fix MRZ 03,   MRZ 05, MRZ 07 and MRZ 09 as well as others to read ENGLISH instead of Japanese. Also I have a special antenna transformer that can allow the radio to reach all your FM stations for Europe. Further than that I also have the adapter for USB and JACK 3.5 mm etc. I also have maps for Europe which can be easily installed.

However you will have to send me the unit and once I fix it I can return it to you.

Drop me a line in a Private Message here as I can not publish my email and I will come in touch with you either via Whatsapp or Viber so please add your number.

The antenna adaptor/converter costs about 20 euro, the adapter for USB and Jack 3.5 mm for your audio/phone is about 10 euro and the maps are between 12 to 20 euros depending on the country, full Europe is about 45. Shipping to Cyprus should not be more than 20 euros. I am NOT selling anything I do this as a hobby but the costs must be covered by you.

Best

Fanourio

Dear Fanourio, please tell me how time can be adjusted on mrz05? Please tell me do you have map for pakistan and what is the cost? my whatsapp number is +923142168089.

Dear all,

Best

Fanourio

Dear Fanourio, please tell me how time can be adjusted on mrz05? Please tell me do you have map for pakistan and what is the cost? my whatsapp number is +923142168089.

Ref dzo #15 and #52 

WORKED ON AN AVIC-MRZ05 following the instructions post #15 and using the .lng files  PF090JPJPN.LNG and PF110JPJPN.LNG downloaded from post #52 https://github.com/d...updatemrz99.zip all is good with the menu language.

d60b64fa02890436e0f82c570a895da4  PF090JPJPN.LNG
1f5b805396db05a883b822efabf0da33  PF110JPJPN.LNG

Notice that I replaced also the PF090JPENG.LNG and PF110JPENG.LNG files with the same (renamed) PF090JPJPN.LNG and PF110JPJPN.LNG as I noticed that the ENG files were in Japanese and if one selected English language option during setup the text reverted to Japanese.

Just to say thanks to dzo for the great instructions and hard work translating the Japanese to English and providing the updated .lng text file. 

As a Sys Admin I recommend following the instructions and navigating the file system manually on the stereo rather than clicking and hoping on a script but I have great respect for dzo.

Will have to read this topic further but I'd like to convert the .WAV files to English but might need an interpreter.

Dear Friend, I think you do not need to translate the wav files. If you select english language then the DVD player speaks english.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all
special thanks to "dzo" for hard work 
I have translated my MRZ05 manually and it works like charm

i have one question:

when i copy mp3 files to sd card and then plug it to my carrozzeria it shows mp3 files but duplicates them
for example:

01. robin thicke - blurred lines

_01. robin thicke - blurred lines
second one doesnt play 
i put one mp3 but it shows 2 

can anyone help?

hi all

special thanks to "dzo" for hard work 

I have translated my MRZ05 manually and it works like charm

i have one question:

when i copy mp3 files to sd card and then plug it to my carrozzeria it shows mp3 files but duplicates them

for example:

01. robin thicke - blurred lines

_01. robin thicke - blurred lines

second one doesnt play 

i put one mp3 but it shows 2 

can anyone help?

put the sd card in your laptop and check what you see? It may be that your computer is virused.

The source on github are small C programs. To run them you need a compiler, it's possible on windows but much easier on a linux box.

For a debian based distribution you need unicode libs so do:

apt install libunistring-dev

git clone https://github.com/dzo/mrz99.git

cd mrz99

make

to extract strings from a .LNG file do:

./decode PF090JPJPN.LNG | iconv -f utf16 > untranslated_090.txt

to create a new .LNG file do:

./recode translated.txt PF090JPJPN_new.LNG

where translated.txt is the translated text.

To extract the images from an Image.img file do

mkdir bmp

./extractbmp

cp -r bmp bmp_d

cd bmp_d

for i in *.gz; do gzip -d $i; done

to make a new Image.img file put your new images in the updated directory (must be 16 bit rgb565) and do:

cp -r bmp bmp1

cd updated

sh ./update.sh

cd ..

./extractbmp encode

I do have a way to change the splash screen on the mrz99 but it's a little fiddly so I'll only make it available if there is lots of demand.

Я уÑтановил компилÑтор Си под Windows, получаетÑÑ Ñ€Ð°Ñпаковывать и запаковывать Image.img. Ðо почему то не вÑе Ð¸Ð·Ð¾Ð±Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð·Ð°Ð¼ÐµÐ½ÑÑŽÑ‚ÑÑ, вмеÑто некоторых пуÑтота, например b1853. Ширина, выÑота  и цвет r6g5b6 Ñовпадают. пробовал GIMP и онлайн конвертеры. Ðе понимаю, как у Ñ‚ÐµÐ±Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»ÑƒÑ‡Ð¸Ð»ÑÑ Ñ€Ð°Ð·Ð¼ÐµÑ€ Ð¸Ð·Ð¾Ð±Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ñ‚Ð°ÐºÐ¾Ð¹ же как у оригинала, у Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð½ÐµÐ¼Ð½Ð¾Ð³Ð¾ отличаетÑÑ - оригинал и твой b1853.bmp 768054 байт, мой 768066 байт. Что поÑоветуешь? С уважением.

I installed the C compiler under Windows, it turns out to unpack and pack Image.img. But for some reason, not all images are replaced, instead of some emptiness, for example b1853. The width, height and color r6g5b6 are the same. I tried GIMP and online converters. I do not understand how you got the same image size as the original, I slightly differ - the original and your b1853.bmp 768054 bytes, my 768066 bytes. What do you advise? Sincerely.

Я уÑтановил компилÑтор Си под Windows, получаетÑÑ Ñ€Ð°Ñпаковывать и запаковывать Image.img. Ðо почему то не вÑе Ð¸Ð·Ð¾Ð±Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð·Ð°Ð¼ÐµÐ½ÑÑŽÑ‚ÑÑ, вмеÑто некоторых пуÑтота, например b1853. Ширина, выÑота  и цвет r6g5b6 Ñовпадают. пробовал GIMP и онлайн конвертеры. Ðе понимаю, как у Ñ‚ÐµÐ±Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»ÑƒÑ‡Ð¸Ð»ÑÑ Ñ€Ð°Ð·Ð¼ÐµÑ€ Ð¸Ð·Ð¾Ð±Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ñ‚Ð°ÐºÐ¾Ð¹ же как у оригинала, у Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð½ÐµÐ¼Ð½Ð¾Ð³Ð¾ отличаетÑÑ - оригинал и твой b1853.bmp 768054 байт, мой 768066 байт. Что поÑоветуешь? С уважением.

I installed the C compiler under Windows, it turns out to unpack and pack Image.img. But for some reason, not all images are replaced, instead of some emptiness, for example b1853. The width, height and color r6g5b6 are the same. I tried GIMP and online converters. I do not understand how you got the same image size as the original, I slightly differ - the original and your b1853.bmp 768054 bytes, my 768066 bytes. What do you advise? Sincerely.

That's what the fixbmpheader.c code does, the mrz99 bitmap format is slightly different to the rgb565 gimp produces. If you run the modified bitmaps through fixbmpheader they should be the correct size.

That's what the fixbmpheader.c code does, the mrz99 bitmap format is slightly different to the rgb565 gimp produces. If you run the modified bitmaps through fixbmpheader they should be the correct size.

не могу разобратьÑÑ ÐºÐ°Ðº работать Ñ  fixbmpheader.c

I can not understand how to work with fixbmpheader.c

не могу разобратьÑÑ ÐºÐ°Ðº работать Ñ  fixbmpheader.c

I can not understand how to work with fixbmpheader.c

It's a C program that takes 2 parameters, the filename of an input bitmap and the filename for an output bitmap. Compile it and from a command line do:

fixbmpheader b1853.bmp b1853a.bmp

b1853a should then be the correct size.

ЗдравÑтвуйте. Как перевеÑти на РУССКИЙ Ñзык MRZ06? Где взÑÑ‚ÑŒ файлы Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¼Ð¾ÐµÐ¹ магнитолы? HELP ME!!!

Post #264 says this works on mrz06 so try it and see, make sure you backup the existing language files first.