AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

On 04.11.2017 at 3:01 PM, dzo said:

Hey.

I bought a car and there the radio in Japanese Pioneer carrozzeria AVIC-RZ05 read your correspondence with people, tried to repeat but failed I can not copy files there is no such function and did not find USER and PF090JPJPN.LNG

Found similar:

9. File Maintenance / NAND / NX293 / PRG0, PRG1 / APL / Resource / LANGDATA /

Help please translate into English

1. File Maintenance.jpg

2. NAND.jpg

3. NX293.jpg

4. PRG0, PRG1.jpg

5.  APL.jpg

6.  Resource.jpg

7. LANGDATA.jpg

8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Sir, my MRZ09 is stuck on a bootloop, I don't know how and why, suddenly it froze and when restart, I find bootloop, almost 6 months ago, every time device is on I get the start screen, then after 2 seconds it restarts. What can be done in your opinion? I posted about this issue but so far no one has been able to help, only 2-3 people replied, but no help as such. Can you help me please?

•  
  • First of all, remove sd card, dvd and usb from your mrz then try to start normally. If it does not work, then enter the test mode and see if any files are missing, if yes copy the missing file and try to start normally
On 1/5/2018 at 7:23 AM, saleha said:

thank you javed . but as per my limited understanding from post 411 it is evident that procedure is not successful for MRZ-099 . could any one confirm if they tried it on MRZ-099 and managed to change language successfully

highly obliged to your replies and support 

thanks 

I have used it successfully with the MRZ099. Just use the most recent updater. 

On 11/2/2016 at 7:45 PM, dzo said:

I've translated the Japanese language strings for the MRZ99 to English. 

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

Some of the English is not perfect but it makes the system much more usable. 

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform version 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

To install this, unzip the attachment mrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum is cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (right button with Japanese writing on it) 

This opens the file manager which is in English and fairly obvious.

Make a backup of /USER as described elsewhere on avic411.com

Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

go to  /USER/PRGx/APL/LANGDATA/

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the new PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it into LANGDATA where the old one was.

Switch off the power and when it restarts, it should be in English....

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Update: There's now an installer that also changes the background and most of the important images with japanese text.

Find it here:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases

mrz99English_v2.zip

dzo,

I sent you a message INBOX.

I want to apply you solution to another model - MRZ04

On 12/25/2017 at 2:00 AM, CameronR said:

I managed to start testmode with my MRZ009 with button presses. Bad News! None of this MRZ099 stuff works at ALL! The MRZ009 uses a different file structure and thus dzo's script will not work on these units. The testmode that is enabled by the front button pressing also has limited functionality - no cut and paste. However, you can examine the file structure, and thus see that the methods in this thread will not work.

To get to this test mode in MRZ009, do the following:

1. Press and hold the NAVI button (right button with Japanese characters).

2. Press AV then V.adjust (left button with Japanese characters), repeat two more times (do step 2 three times).

3. Release the NAVI button and the unit reboots to test mode.

You will find no language files, only Guide.JPN file in folders in: NAND\NX154\PRG0\APL\Resource\LANGDATA\ and in its' counterpart folder in PRG1.

I looked around all folders and never found the *.LNG files, but if you can't copy and paste, then it's of no use anyways.

cheers,

Cam

Hi Cam,

Did you find any soultion ?

On 2/11/2016 at 11:45 PM, dzo said:

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform version 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

To install this, unzip the attachment mrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum is cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (right button with Japanese writing on it) 

You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the new PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it into LANGDATA where the old one was.

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Update: There's now an installer that also changes the background and most of the important images with japanese text.

Find it here:

Hi will this also work on an avic mrzo5? Thanks for your help

mrz99English_v2.zip

Hey everyone! I have an AVIC-MRZ99 Carozzeria unit, I am not a very tech savvy guy. Can anyone please help what to do ? I need to change the language to English.

As far as i've read on the posts above by DZO and everyone I just need to download a file to a USB stick or an SD and just plug it in usb or card slot right ?

Can you please help me in this ? As in which files to download and copy to the SD card or usb stick and what to do next ?

Also let me know if your ipod functions work, Mine came with a cable with an adapter for iphone 4 whereas I use an iphone 6s and also when I plug the new lightning cable the song starts playing on phone rather than the player on the car.

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks

Shakawat

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 12:45 PM, dzo said:

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

Find it here:

mrz99English_v2.zip

Hi..I have a AVIC-MRZ05 trying to see firstly if the language change you described above for MRZ99 will work for mine. I have got to testmode but am not sure how to back up USER file..could not find reference on here how to do this. next question is I looked in USER and seem to have both PRG0 and PRG1..(I attach some photo's. I also see from other posts that pasting new file may be an issue....If you could help with step by step process on what I need to do that would be great. I have copied the zip file you have link to on SD card already..(though did not seem to show on screen when I put it is SD slot...my be when I am in testmode it will be seen..but not sure how to retrieve it from SD card and paste it on system....If anyone has done this on AVIC-MRZO5 it would be great to know it can be done and step by step process. many thanks 

stereo0.jpg

stereo1.jpg

stereo2.jpg

On 3/6/2018 at 3:40 PM, Shakawat said:

Hey everyone! I have an AVIC-MRZ99 Carozzeria unit, I am not a very tech savvy guy. Can anyone please help what to do ? I need to change the language to English.

As far as i've read on the posts above by DZO and everyone I just need to download a file to a USB stick or an SD and just plug it in usb or card slot right ?

Can you please help me in this ? As in which files to download and copy to the SD card or usb stick and what to do next ?

Also let me know if your ipod functions work, Mine came with a cable with an adapter for iphone 4 whereas I use an iphone 6s and also when I plug the new lightning cable the song starts playing on phone rather than the player on the car.

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks

Shakawat

You can change language by first reading the thread carefully. If it becomes hard for you to remember the procedure, make notes in your own language. When you are confident on your understanding, start by making backup and then replace the files.