• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/3/2016 at 2:45 AM, dzo said:

I've translated the Japanese language strings for the MRZ99 to English. 

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

Some of the English is not perfect but it makes the system much more usable. 

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform version 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

To install this, unzip the attachment mrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum is cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (right button with Japanese writing on it) 

This opens the file manager which is in English and fairly obvious.

Make a backup of /USER as described elsewhere on avic411.com

Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

go to  /USER/PRGx/APL/LANGDATA/

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the new PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it into LANGDATA where the old one was.

Switch off the power and when it restarts, it should be in English....

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Update: There's now an installer that also changes the background and most of the important images with japanese text.

Find it here:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases

mrz99English_v2.zip

Hello DZO,

Thanks for the good work you are doing.

I have MRZ 85 and I have tried to change  the language from Japanese to English using MRZ 99 you shared herein. The only problem am experiencing is that the English is not that good and also misleading information from the translated texts. I therefore kindly request you to share with me the specific one for MRZ85 if you wont mind.

Thank you. 

MRZ85.jpg

13 hours ago, Mwassaru said:

Hello DZO,

Thanks for the good work you are doing.

I have MRZ 85 and I have tried to change  the language from Japanese to English using MRZ 99 you shared herein. The only problem am experiencing is that the English is not that good and also misleading information from the translated texts. I therefore kindly request you to share with me the specific one for MRZ85 if you wont mind.

Thank you. 

MRZ85.jpg

If you post your old PF090JPJPN.LNG file here, I'll see if it's similar to one of the other models or make a new translation.

If you don't have the old file, use one of the others, e.g. PF090JPENG.LNG

10 hours ago, Mwassaru said:

Thanks DZO, bad thing is that I did not do backup for the original LNG in my MicroSD. Could there be a rather similar or close to similar model of MRZ 85 ?

There will probably be other language files, e.g. PF090JPENG.LNG, just copy one of these over  PF090JPJPN.LNG.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:06 AM, dzo said:

There will probably be other language files, e.g. PF090JPENG.LNG, just copy one of these over  PF090JPJPN.LNG.

Hi DZO,

Attached is the LNG file available in LANGDATA folder. Please let me know if from it you can make English translation for my MRZ85. Please not that after the MRZ99 LNG file you shared earlier refused to work accurately, I also deleted it and currently am only seeing blank boxes for the headunit since there is no language attached..

PF090JPENG[1].LNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 7:45 PM, dzo said:

I've translated the Japanese language strings for the MRZ99 to English. 

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

Some of the English is not perfect but it makes the system much more usable. 

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform version 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

To install this, unzip the attachment mrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum is cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (right button with Japanese writing on it) 

This opens the file manager which is in English and fairly obvious.

Make a backup of /USER as described elsewhere on avic411.com

Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

go to  /USER/PRGx/APL/LANGDATA/

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the new PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it into LANGDATA where the old one was.

Switch off the power and when it restarts, it should be in English....

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Update: There's now an installer that also changes the background and most of the important images with japanese text.

Find it here:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases

mrz99English_v2.zip

what's the procedure to install the updates from the link you provided at the end? i have a mrz05

On 7/10/2018 at 1:32 AM, Mwassaru said:

Hi DZO,

Attached is the LNG file available in LANGDATA folder. Please let me know if from it you can make English translation for my MRZ85. Please not that after the MRZ99 LNG file you shared earlier refused to work accurately, I also deleted it and currently am only seeing blank boxes for the headunit since there is no language attached..

PF090JPENG[1].LNG

OK, Here's a first attempt at a translation for MRZ85. I can't test this so it may not work. Rename it to PF090JPJPN.LNG

PF090JPJPN_85ENG.LNG