AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

Hello!

Was purchased Carrozerria AVIC RZ-77

I went into the engineering menu (Thanks for the info on the forum), but I can’t do anything - the "Copy" and the rest are not active. (no TESTMODE.KEY)
Does anyone have it? Please share :)

The site writes that there are still similar models (AVIC-RZ06-2, AVIC-RZ55, AVIC-RW33, AVIC-RZ33, AVIC-RZ22)
Has anyone been able to translate into English? (RZ-33 switches from the standard menu, as far as I know)
Does anyone know what our European counterpart to this device is?

I found this option:
IMG_8924-03-09-19-23-52.thumb.JPG.e8f1bdcf3ad7430e16e03303e816dce9.JPG
IMG_8925-03-09-19-23-52.thumb.JPG.96fc413340e1ae26c35cee9d4cccb61c.JPG

Switch to UC (??)

IMG_8926-03-09-19-23-52.thumb.JPG.b72a30423e13892509f6ac789e8b6718.JPG

Applied User Area Initialize ...

IMG_8927-03-09-19-23-52.thumb.JPG.28096b19db5f8b8e29dfe95e05f7a572.JPG
IMG_8928-03-09-19-23-52.thumb.JPG.a3eb0fa7f473104faddc63ab4c9943b7.JPG

After rebooting the device, the language has not changed.
I tried all the options.
After application, it is reset to the factory settings and the language is again Japanese.

IMG_8929-03-09-19-23-52.thumb.JPG.e0611b832453d56c894f0e19c39f8591.JPG

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Advanced issues found

On 03.09.2019 at 7:52 PM, DriveNSK said:

Hello!

Was purchased Carrozerria AVIC RZ-77

I went into the engineering menu (Thanks for the info on the forum), but I can’t do anything - the "Copy" and the rest are not active. (no TESTMODE.KEY)
Does anyone have it? Please share :)

The site writes that there are still similar models (AVIC-RZ06-2, AVIC-RZ55, AVIC-RW33, AVIC-RZ33, AVIC-RZ22)
Has anyone been able to translate into English? (RZ-33 switches from the standard menu, as far as I know)
Does anyone know what our European counterpart to this device is?

Hi DriveNSK!

I have AVIC RZ-09 and it looks very similar to RZ-77.

I've spent about 2 weeks on investigations and for today I found:

• no easy way to make the device translation to English, but I think it possible by modding FW files
  • I cannot find any similar model on the European market
  • you can make the FW copy form the device easy - just use "Take out program" menu in test mode while SD-card inserted (FAT32 formatted, FW size about 500Mb)
The folders structure looks like:
NAVIVUP
- AVICRZ09
-- APL
-- DTV
-- DTVDATA
-- PALTFORM
  • The FW and other internal data stored on the internal SD card. It is cyphered, I cannot make a copy under Win10 (I'll try to do it in *nix soon)
  • The FW can be repacked using WM6.x tools and I'm trying to make the first patch to change time zone (Moscow std time instead of Japanese)
Now I try to make repacked FW, but it is not too easy because for the payload of the main .PRG file (for RZ09 - PS140PLT.PRG) consists of unknown CRC checksum algorithm (for other FW files used plain CRC32B).

May be DZO knows this secret ;)

Alex
7 hours ago, Shtirlitz said:

Hi DriveNSK!

I have AVIC RZ-09 and it looks very similar to RZ-77.

I've spent about 2 weeks on investigations and for today I found:

• no easy way to make the device translation to English, but I think it possible by modding FW files
  • I cannot find any similar model on the European market
  • you can make the FW copy form the device easy - just use "Take out program" menu in test mode while SD-card inserted (FAT32 formatted, FW size about 500Mb)
The folders structure looks like:
NAVIVUP
- AVICRZ09
-- APL
-- DTV
-- DTVDATA
-- PALTFORM
  • The FW and other internal data stored on the internal SD card. It is cyphered, I cannot make a copy under Win10 (I'll try to do it in *nix soon)
  • The FW can be repacked using WM6.x tools and I'm trying to make the first patch to change time zone (Moscow std time instead of Japanese)
Now I try to make repacked FW, but it is not too easy because for the payload of the main .PRG file (for RZ09 - PS140PLT.PRG) consists of unknown CRC checksum algorithm (for other FW files used plain CRC32B).

May be DZO knows this secret ;)

Alex

Alex, thanks for the info!

So far, I only understand the second week)

I can’t copy anything - there are no "Copy" and "Paste" items.
Do you have TESTMODE.KEY?

WM6.x is Windows Mobile 6.x tools?

I did not find the "Take out program" item in my menu
Did you somehow connect the device to the PC?!?!

Thanks in advance for the answers)

Alex, thanks for the info!

So far, I only understand the second week)

I can’t copy anything - there are no "Copy" and "Paste" items.
Do you have TESTMODE.KEY?

WM6.x is Windows Mobile 6.x tools?

I did not find the "Take out program" item in my menu
Did you somehow connect the device to the PC?!?!

Thanks in advance for the answers)

Hi DriveNSK,

I didn't find any correct TESTMODE.KEY for now: a have tried a lot of variants from this site and others but every time saw an error message "TESTMODE.KEY is incorrect".

But I can see the Test modes keywords inside of the file "Testmode.exe".

I'm not sure what the correct TESTMODE.KEY will open the "Copy" and "Paste" commands, further, the device file manager didn't access to files which contains the strings for translation - all of them inside of the main FW file PS140PLT.PRG.

WM6.x - yes, the device is Windows Mobile 6.x based, and I found tools to get/repack files of the FW (dumpromx for extract/replace files, fdf2reg and reg2fdf for registry "default.fdf" file changing).

"Take out program" is one of the menu items on the second or third screen of the TestMode menu on my RZ-09. I can make a screenshot for you tomorrow.

My device cannot connect to PC, for navigation updates synchronization uses the SD card (you need to prepare it on the device first and after it uses the Smartloop SW - it in Japanese only).

Alex

Hi All!

FW backup instruction for AVIC-RZ09 (and similar devices - AVIC-RL09, AVIC-RW09, AVIC-RZ09, AVIC-RZ07, AVIC-RZ06, AVIC-RL05, AVIC-RZ05, AVIC-RW03, AVIC-RZ03):

1. Get SD card, FAT32-formatted. Probably the USB disk will work too, but I didn't check back up on USB.

2. Make the empty folder named "NAVIVUP" on SD card.

3. Power on the AVIC and place the SD card into AVIC device slot.

4. Go to in the Testmode (press and hold "NAVI" button, press each once right-left-right-left-right-left, release "NAVI" button - device restarted in test mode).

5. On the first screen - select menu "10. Program forced write", go to the next screen of this submenu (2 of 3) and select "3. Take out program".

6. Select destination "SD" or "USB" and press "MENU" for start downloading.

7. Wait for about minute while FW downloaded to SD/USD disk - with full-screen messages "!!NOW COPYING!!", while "HIT ANY KEY" message didn't appear.

Profit) You can see the full-FW files on your SD/USB disk in the NAVIVUP folder.

P.S.: Sorry guys but I cannot upload the screen-shots here, I see just "There was a problem uploading the file." message displayed.

Alex

2 hours ago, Shtirlitz said:

Hi All!

FW backup instruction for AVIC-RZ09 (and similar devices - AVIC-RL09, AVIC-RW09, AVIC-RZ09, AVIC-RZ07, AVIC-RZ06, AVIC-RL05, AVIC-RZ05, AVIC-RW03, AVIC-RZ03):

1. Get SD card, FAT32-formatted. Probably the USB disk will work too, but I didn't check back up on USB.

2. Make the empty folder named "NAVIVUP" on SD card.

3. Power on the AVIC and place the SD card into AVIC device slot.

4. Go to in the Testmode (press and hold "NAVI" button, press each once right-left-right-left-right-left, release "NAVI" button - device restarted in test mode).

5. On the first screen - select menu "10. Program forced write", go to the next screen of this submenu (2 of 3) and select "3. Take out program".

6. Select destination "SD" or "USB" and press "MENU" for start downloading.

7. Wait for about minute while FW downloaded to SD/USD disk - with full-screen messages "!!NOW COPYING!!", while "HIT ANY KEY" message didn't appear.

Profit) You can see the full-FW files on your SD/USB disk in the NAVIVUP folder.

P.S.: Sorry guys but I cannot upload the screen-shots here, I see just "There was a problem uploading the file." message displayed.

Alex

Hi Alex

The instruction is excellent, everything worked out.
Made a copy (Just in case)
Thanks again!

On 6/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, EnoKt said:

Hi everyone.

I haven't yet got any hint for solving the above problem posted on page 47. Any assistance from this forum is welcome.

I jump boosted a battery to start my car  The AVIC MRZ09 shows the characters in Japanese shown below, translated  ''there is no program'' with number 7 at the bottom right of screen. The USER/DIŔ shows no content  Any help to revive this unit? I have original USER content backup and the English one from your previous posts. . I tried copying and  pasting the backups to the USER folder but nothing happens or shows up.  The Unit copies and pastes to any other media like FLASH DISC OR SD but does not paste in USER folder.. Any help  to revive it.? 

20190418_145120.jpgHi all of you.

Todate I haven't got any solution to the above quoted case. Is there any one who had had a similar case and solved it?. I will appreciate if a solution is posted in this forum. I am sure I am not alone with this challenge. I guess it is not a hardware case but a software issue. Because the unit plays DVD audios but the screen remains as shown in the image above. I need your help please.

21 hours ago, EnoKt said:

I jump boosted a battery to start my car  The AVIC MRZ09 shows the characters in Japanese shown below, translated  ''there is no program'' with number 7 at the bottom right of screen. The USER/DIŔ shows no content  Any help to revive this unit? I have original USER content backup and the English one from your previous posts. . I tried copying and  pasting the backups to the USER folder but nothing happens or shows up.  The Unit copies and pastes to any other media like FLASH DISC OR SD but does not paste in USER folder.. Any help  to revive it.? 

20190418_145120.jpgHi all of you.

Todate I haven't got any solution to the above quoted case. Is there any one who had had a similar case and solved it?. I will appreciate if a solution is posted in this forum. I am sure I am not alone with this challenge. I guess it is not a hardware case but a software issue. Because the unit plays DVD audios but the screen remains as shown in the image above. I need your help please.

I tried to google, but no results. It seems that this is only with you.
It seems to me that your problem will be fixed only in the manufacturer’s service. But it is not exactly)

P.S.

Did you take TESTMODE.KEY from this forum or did you have it on the SD card from the kit?

23 hours ago, DriveNSK said:

I tried to google, but no results. It seems that this is only with you.
It seems to me that your problem will be fixed only in the manufacturer’s service. But it is not exactly)

P.S.

Did you take TESTMODE.KEY from this forum or did you have it on the SD card from the kit?

Many thanks for your concern.

I did enter TESTMODE by using switches. Got to File Maintenance, then to USER folder DIR where I found it empty. I got stuck there as I could not paste any file therein. I bought a used  Nissan X-Trail from Japan which came with AVIC MRZ09 stereo but no SD card for it.