AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

Thanks DZO. great work.

Can you please confirm that auto script that you have created for AVIC-MRZ02 will also work for AVIC-MRZ04?

Further to that i believe my AVIC MRZ04 has an additional function of bluetooth which is not there in standard AVIC-MRZ04 so i just need to know whether this functionality will go away with new englist menu? or is it safe to use the script that u have created for MRZ02.

Looking forward to your usual and great help.

same questions to Javed too. if he can help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DZO - you are amazing! - thanks to you my C9P6 (AVIC 0457zm)  is now in English. 

I have another question, that I'm hoping someone can help me with.  I got the stereo from a friend (was factory fitted to his Mazda Atenza) and it works great (better now in english) apart from the Bluetooth function which seems flaky. 

I can pair my phone ok but when I try to connect when I start the car and tuen on the radio, most of the time I can't get it connected and just get the message "you cannot currently connect" 
image here (sorry wouldn't upload) https://share.icloud.com/photos/0aYp9_Z7hmAlt84ac_dyVnYmA

Everything in the bluetooth settings menu is also greyed out (https://share.icloud.com/photos/03OP5LrK5U8a14qBIJge6gXIg)

And connection state shows "bluetooth: No" 

It does seem that it connects quite quickly when I'have the radio out of the car on my bench - if I park up and sit and fiddle with it for some time it also connects (though it takes longer) - it will just about never connect at all if I start driving. 

Importantly, I do not have a GPS antenna connected, and I don't have a vehicle speed pulse connected (not one easily available on my car). I do have the parking brake signal grounded (actually it's on a switch so I can manually select). 

Given that it won't connect at all when I'm driving, I'm guessing there must be an accelerometer in the unit preventing me from connecting (though why it would do that I don't understand).  I note that when I'm driving the connection state display often says "mounting position: No (vibrati"  (...ion?)  https://share.icloud.com/photos/09w1kqgKBsAqy4VC_9Yqsr1EQ.  I can only it thinks i'm driving and is disallowing BT connection - and I'm wondering if there is too much vibration even when the car's idling which is stopping it connecting when I first get in the car.  This all seems very strange because i wouldn't expect it to not connect to an existing paired signal even if I was driving 

Now this unit is in english, and when the bluetooth actually works, this unit is perfect for my needs - can anyone help me work out  how to get this working I would be super grateful. 

A  couple of other minor things if anyone can help:

I'd love to set the time - using TestMode I can see the RTC test menu - but unlike the other MRZ units on this thread, there appears to be no ability to set the clock (even with GPS disabled) - I was wondering (DZO maybe you know the answer to this) if I could used a testmode script to set it (I tried TIME 09-30-2019 22:00:00 but it didn't set the clock - only displayed the (wrong) time date) I do have the GPS antenna disabled, and the clock normally shows --:-- - however if i run the testmode RTC closk test, it starts the clock working (from midnight on some date back in 2008).  

Final question - I don't have the iPod/USB cable for this unit - does anyone know the pinout of the connector? (the black on in the middle labeled iPod/USB https://www.dropbox.com/s/efdmvsslhsekmnt/c9p6.jpg?dl=0)

...Follow on from above.... yesterday it did connect when I was driving, twice... but not predictably... there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.

I'm wondering if there's perhaps a seperate internal bluetooth module that's maybe loose?  maybe it's failing to initialise - anyone got any ideas?

THanks again

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have partially translated my AVIC-RZ09 to English, but it looks not so good as I wanted because of string length limits of initDB.dat file.

I didn't find any markup records in initDB.dat file.

I try to investigate some other files of the AVIC-RZ09 firmware but no results for now.

Maybe someone knows where are stored the Strings length and field's markup of the AVIC UI?

Here are sources and examples: https://github.com/Shtirlitz/RZ09 

Alex

59 minutes ago, Shtirlitz said:

Hi everyone,

I have partially translated my AVIC-RZ09 to English, but it looks not so good as I wanted because of string length limits of initDB.dat file.

I didn't find any markup records in initDB.dat file.

I try to investigate some other files of the AVIC-RZ09 firmware but no results for now.

Maybe someone knows where are stored the Strings length and field's markup of the AVIC UI?

Here are sources and examples: https://github.com/Shtirlitz/RZ09 

Alex

Hello!

Good news, however)
Do you have a photo?
If possible, post it here.

Добрый день, скажите пожалуйста, магнитола nr-mz20 очень похожа на mrz99 во всех отношениях, но после замены PF110JPJPN, PF90JPJPN никаких изменений не произошло. Подскажите пожалуйста какой программой открыть эти файлы и как перевести на английский 

8 hours ago, igor041073 said:

Добрый день, скажите пожалуйста, магнитола nr-mz20 очень похожа на mrz99 во всех отношениях, но после замены PF110JPJPN, PF90JPJPN никаких изменений не произошло. Подскажите пожалуйста какой программой открыть эти файлы и как перевести на английский 

Видимо, тут другой метод перевода (см. как делал Shtirlitz).
Скорее всего (но это не точно) тебе так же нужно будет сделать.