AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

On 25.10.2019 at 12:27 PM, Shtirlitz said:

Hi everyone,

I have finished the translation of my AVIC-RZ09 to English (with string length limits of initDB.dat file).

Here are updated sources and examples: https://github.com/Shtirlitz/RZ09 

Alex

Good afternoon, please help me deal with the translation of the radio into English, radio nr-mz20 link to the source Japanese files https://github.com/igor041073?tab=repositories 

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi friends, I'm new to this forum and happy to join the discussion.

I have a Avic mrz06 which I'm trying to change the language to english. I'm living in the caribbean so a map for my region would be super great.

I've done lots of reading and are able to get into the test mode of the unit ok.

thank in advance.

After a week of trying I finally got my avic mrz06  menus to English. I was missing one obvious step.

Thank you all for the awesome work you guys put into this project.

I have AVIC-MRZ77 from an imported car from Japan. When I first turned it on it was showing all the options like DVD/USB/SD etc. But after few runs now I can see only FM/AM/TV/BT options.. It is not showing DVD/USB/SD options. I checked all the system settings by google translating but unfortunately I could not find setting related to this. Also in TestMode it also does not show SD or USB contents. So I also cannot change language by copying files.  Any one knows how to solve this issue when SD and USB are not working? 

On 2/10/2018 at 4:07 PM, Gnom_77 said:

Hey.

I bought a car and there the radio in Japanese Pioneer carrozzeria AVIC-RZ05 read your correspondence with people, tried to repeat but failed I can not copy files there is no such function and did not find USER and PF090JPJPN.LNG

Found similar:

9. File Maintenance / NAND / NX293 / PRG0, PRG1 / APL / Resource / LANGDATA /

Help please translate into English

1. File Maintenance.jpg

2. NAND.jpg

3. NX293.jpg

4. PRG0, PRG1.jpg

5.  APL.jpg

6.  Resource.jpg

7. LANGDATA.jpg

8.jpg

Hey, I have the same model - RZ-05 with the same file structure. I cannot see a USER folder as all the examples are suggesting. When using the SD card and starting up I get CAUTION! TEST MODE FAILED STARTING!  [Turn off ACC].

Not sure if I am doing something wrong any suggestions.

Thanks

On 11/5/2019 at 1:44 AM, kjaved8 said:

I have AVIC-MRZ77 from an imported car from Japan. When I first turned it on it was showing all the options like DVD/USB/SD etc. But after few runs now I can see only FM/AM/TV/BT options.. It is not showing DVD/USB/SD options. I checked all the system settings by google translating but unfortunately I could not find setting related to this. Also in TestMode it also does not show SD or USB contents. So I also cannot change language by copying files.  Any one knows how to solve this issue when SD and USB are not working? 

you need to insert a sd card or a thumb drive before it shows up. I have a avic mrz06 

5 hours ago, Spaznuski said:

Hey, I have the same model - RZ-05 with the same file structure. I cannot see a USER folder as all the examples are suggesting. When using the SD card and starting up I get CAUTION! TEST MODE FAILED STARTING!  [Turn off ACC].

Not sure if I am doing something wrong any suggestions.

Thanks

Hi!

For RZ05 translation you need to take out the FW, and use my GitHub project to prepare modified FW: https://github.com/Shtirlitz/RZ09

Good luck)

18 hours ago, Shtirlitz said:

Hi!

For RZ05 translation you need to take out the FW, and use my GitHub project to prepare modified FW: https://github.com/Shtirlitz/RZ09

Good luck)

Thank you for the reply, I managed to "take out the FW" not seeing a initDB.dat file though. I will go through the RZ05 again to see if I missed anything. But the reply has given me some hope so now I go searching for the initDB.dat to run your script on.

Regards

On 07.11.2019 at 19:02, Shtirlitz said:

Здравствуй!

Добрый день земляк! С языками не силен... по этому буду благодарен за науку на русском.

имею avic-hrz099 чистокровный японец. хотел бы так же облагородить меню на английском языке.

могу попросить ссылки на порядок действий и ПО по обновлению языка?

заранее благодарен!

On 08.11.2019 at 3:09 AM, Spaznuski said:

Thank you for the reply, I managed to "take out the FW" not seeing a initDB.dat file though. I will go through the RZ05 again to see if I missed anything. But the reply has given me some hope so now I go searching for the initDB.dat to run your script on.

Regards

Hi,

OK, here is the step-by-step manual:

Step 1: Take out the FW, see here

Step 2: Get the file named "PS140PLT.PRG". For RZ09 it is in folder NAVIVUP\AVICRZ09\PLATFORM\

Cut out 0x200 bytes from the start of the file: its header. I used the SFK-tool:

sfk195x64.exe partcopy PS140PLT.PRG -allfrom 0x200 output.nb0 -yes

When you need to extract file output.nb0 by the dumpromx.exe tool (easy to find it on this forum):

mkdir DUMP
dumpromx.exe -d DUMP -v -5 output.nb0 >output.txt

As a result, you'll get a lot of FW files, and initDB.dat of course :)

Step 3: Patch initDB.dat file.

Use my sources, take translate.c and translation.txt, and see the code:

const long OFFSET = 0x18C8D0L;   // RZ09 1.04 0x18C8D0L; RZ77 2.07 = 0x1EA87CL
const long BLOCK_LEN = 0xAF00BL; // RZ09 1.04  0xAF00BL; RZ77 2.07 =  0xB5CDFL

These constants define the start and length-1 of the data block inside of the initDB.dat, correct it according to your header.

Address stores in the little-endian bytes sequence:

scr001.png?raw=true

Go to the start of this data block offset:

scr002.png?raw=true

scr003.png?raw=true

You can see the start of the Japanese strings data, its in UCS-2 LE codepage.

The end of the data block at the end of the initDB.dat file:

scr004.png?raw=true

The address of the last data byte is 0x23B8DB. Use the calc for calculating the length-1 and insert it to translate.c source, and compile it.

While running, the translate.exe search for initDB.dat and translation.txt in the current folder.

After finishing the output file initDB_out.dat will be created.

Step 4: Assemble the updated FW.

Get makever.c and compile it. You can change the version if you need it, the current FW version in the PS140PLT.VER file.

scr005.png?raw=true

Replace initDB.dat in the FW by commands:

copy /Y initDB_out.dat initDB.dat
dumpromx.exe -a initDB.dat fw_104_src.nb0

You need to get the correct output, like this:

img 00000000 : hdr=8d908c88 base=88471000  commandlineoffset=88471000
ERROR: could not find pointer for ofs 00000000
Successful file initDB.dat inserting
initDB.dat.nb saved successfully

If it OK, run the makever.exe by commands:

del /Q fw_104.nb0
ren initDB.dat.nb fw_104.nb0
makever.exe
mkdir NAVIVUP\AVICRZ09\PLATFORM
copy /Y PS140PLT.PRG NAVIVUP\AVICRZ09\PLATFORM\PS140PLT.PRG
copy /Y PS140PLT.VER NAVIVUP\AVICRZ09\PS140PLT.VER

It creates the folders (NAVIVUP) and files for the AVIC's FW update.

Step 5: Just place folder NAVIVUP on the SD and try to update your AVIC in a test mode.

Use "Program forced write" menu and "Platform write" command, SD as a source.

On Internal SD stayed the original Japanese FW if you want back to it.

And be careful, do not power off the AVIC during updating, it can be bricked (or boot looped)!!!

Good luck)

On 17.04.2018 at 22:15, SergVDK said:

Здравствуйте, дорогие друзья.

Прежде всего, я хочу искренне поблагодарить DZO за отличную работу. Материалы были очень полезны на практике.
Теперь у меня есть большая проблема с моей Carrozeria AVIC-MRZ99, которую я не могу решить самостоятельно.
Я поставил английский язык по инструкции от ДЗО, прочитал всю ветку форума, но нигде не нашел решения.
У меня не работает блютус, он не настраивается и не подключается к устройствам.
В меню настроек система требует смены пароля, но все окна неактивны, и я не знаю, как это изменить и заставить его работать (фото во вложениях).

Насколько я понимаю, это можно сделать через прошивку, меню диагностики или что-то в этом роде.
Это может быть замена файла, ответственного за пароль Bluetooth.
Нигде в настройках мне не удалось сменить пароль и заставить работать BT.
Я буду рад, если вы сможете мне хоть чем-то помочь.

Надеюсь на вашу отзывчивость и общительность.

Приветствую, друзья.
У меня есть проблема с Carrozeria AVIC-MRZ99, которую я никак не могу решить самостоятельно.
Сначала хочу от всей души поблагодарить DZO за прекрасную работу. Материалы оказались очень полезными на практике.
Я поставил английский язык по инструкции от DZO, прочитал всю ветку.
У меня не работает блютуз, не настраивается и не подключается к сторонним устройствам.
В меню настроек система Bluetooth требует "смены пароля", но все окна неактивны, и я не знаю, как его поменять и заставить BT работать (фото во вложениях).
Я понимаю, что это можно сделать с помощью программного обеспечения, прошивки, диагностического меню или чего-то подобного.
Пароль может быть заменен на текущий пароль блютуза?
Я не смог поменять пароль или сделать что-то другое, что бы заставить работать Bluetooth.
Я могу помочь.
Надеюсь на вашу отзывчивость и коммуникабельность.

5ad5ef92a6ca6_BTProblem.thumb.jpg.db361cd8183bce549184c3d2dbcfb659.jpg

How did you solve the problem?

On 21.11.2019 at 9:16 AM, mattmoo138 said:

Hi Guys i have purchased a volvo xc90 with a AVIC-HRV22... I cannot even find a way of getting into the test mode, im not even sure this has usb.. has anyone any idea if its possible to update the language files?

Судя по описалову в интернете, у тебя блок ДВД + монитор. Я, конечно, не спец, но предположу, что твоя система далеко не на Windows Mobile или чем-то похожем.
Как мне кажется, у нее нет ничего похожего на testmode.