AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dzo привет, поÑле перевода MRZ0047 на английÑкий и руÑÑкий Ñзык при нажатии иконки наÑтройки времени и даты магнитолла перезагружаетÑÑ, а на ÑпонÑком такого не было.

DZO hello, please do from the txt file to the LNG format.

This is the updated Russian language on MRZ 0047.

Here it is:

mrz0047_ru.zip

If changing the font doesn't work (did it display at all?) then it's not going to be easy to fix the spacing problem, I guess they hardcoded a fixed spacing for chars above 255 to display Japanese correctly. This is most likely in the platform rather than the apps code, your only choice may be to convert the text to non Cyrillic chars. 

Hey guys, Just bought a Nissan with the MRZ02 unit. Has anyone tried this method on this version of the unit? Or the MRZ04, or MRZ06 models? Just want to know if the platform version is the same and if its compatible before I try anything.

The mrz02 is from 2013 so you'd expect it to be a much newer platform than mrz99 but it does look very similar in the screenshots.

The best thing to do is try to dump the firmware and post some of the files here.

Try to get into testmode using the key combination or the testmode key in post #90. If these don't work then it's probably a different platform.

If you can get into testmode, copy all of /USER to an sd card then post /USER/PRG1/APL/MENU/Image.img and everything in /USER/PRG1/APL/LANGDATA/ here. 

Here it is:

mrz0047_ru.zip

If changing the font doesn't work (did it display at all?) then it's not going to be easy to fix the spacing problem, I guess they hardcoded a fixed spacing for chars above 255 to display Japanese correctly. This is most likely in the platform rather than the apps code, your only choice may be to convert the text to non Cyrillic chars.

DZO ÑпаÑибо

DZO можешь иÑправить ошибку, когда нажимаеш кнопку наÑтройки времени и даты магнитолла перезагружаетÑÑ.

OK, I've updated the code so it'll accept utf8 chars. To do a translation into a new language, fork my github project and edit the "translated.txt" file to create a new one (translated_ru.txt perhaps).

Some rules:

No double quotes (") allowed anywhere except the start and end of a string (some are on multiple lines).

Don't change anything that has a % followed by some characters (google translate will mess these up so you will have to fix them by hand).

Don't add lots of new text, the final langdata file must be less than 128K and it's quite close to that.

I'm happy to create the langdata file for you when the strings are translated but make sure you follow the rules above or it won't work. 

Hi Dzo

thank you for you great work, as I was desperate to ever be able to easily use the MRZ77 that is fitted in my Nissan March. I have not yet tested your language files as I am not home currently but I will surely.

My question is : where can we find the updated code you are talking about in the quoted post above ? I have a link to a V2.1 release (https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases) but it was released on 7 feb and your post is dated 23-march.

Thanks again

Fabrice

Hi Dzo

thank you for you great work, as I was desperate to ever be able to easily use the MRZ77 that is fitted in my Nissan March. I have not yet tested your language files as I am not home currently but I will surely.

My question is : where can we find the updated code you are talking about in the quoted post above ? I have a link to a V2.1 release (https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases) but it was released on 7 feb and your post is dated 23-march.

Thanks again

Fabrice

That's the release which is a zip built from my code, but it's only english so it hasn't changed.

The code is here:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99

Ok I have downloaded the code, now how to use the programs ? what tool do you use to edit the strings ? with notepad++ I cannot see the japanese strings file correctly as it doesnt detect the right encoding characterset.

I have an mrz77 unit and I want to make sure that all japanese strings for this unit are translated but I read in one of the posts in this thread that mrz77 has more strings than the mrz99 for which you provide the translated LNG file so I would like to be able to translate these additional strings unless there is a language file already complete for mrz77 ?

Ok I have downloaded the code, now how to use the programs ? what tool do you use to edit the strings ? with notepad++ I cannot see the japanese strings file correctly as it doesnt detect the right encoding characterset.

I have an mrz77 unit and I want to make sure that all japanese strings for this unit are translated but I read in one of the posts in this thread that mrz77 has more strings than the mrz99 for which you provide the translated LNG file so I would like to be able to translate these additional strings unless there is a language file already complete for mrz77 ?

decode generates utf16 strings so you need to convert them to utf8, I use iconv for this, most editors can handle utf8.

I just checked and mrz77 only has one extra string which is already translated so you should be able to use the latest mrz99  PF090JPJPN.LNG file. Don't install the image file from mrz99, use the one from post #67.