AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi DZO.

I was wondering if there's a step by step guide anywhere showing how to edit these .LNG files / translate them to English, because I'd really like to learn how it works.

I understood how to access, backup and replace the files, but I just can't get the decoding and stuff to work. I've seen your post on github but I'm not sure how to use the scripts.. 

If a guide doesn't exist and you prefer to not make one, which I understand, do you still take requests?

Thanks for reading!

The mrz02 is from 2013 so you'd expect it to be a much newer platform than mrz99 but it does look very similar in the screenshots.

The best thing to do is try to dump the firmware and post some of the files here.

Try to get into testmode using the key combination or the testmode key in post #90. If these don't work then it's probably a different platform.

If you can get into testmode, copy all of /USER to an sd card then post /USER/PRG1/APL/MENU/Image.img and everything in /USER/PRG1/APL/LANGDATA/ here. 

Thanks for the speedy response! The car was out of town so I couldn't pull the files until today. I've attached them as requested. FYI the button combination worked fine on the unit, there was no need for the testmode key file. Hope that means good things.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!N1wyFCZa!7FPQRHklxRglhJMqP5goW1CZ-she9gIElC6Zk0TKzCs

(I had to use mega because I couldn't attach the file here, some error about no file was selected whenever I tried)

Also, since you are familiar with the file structure, what the purpose of the PRG0 folder? its almost identical to the PRG1 folder. Is it for some alternate mode? or language?

Thanks for the speedy response! The car was out of town so I couldn't pull the files until today. I've attached them as requested. FYI the button combination worked fine on the unit, there was no need for the testmode key file. Hope that means good things.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!N1wyFCZa!7FPQRHklxRglhJMqP5goW1CZ-she9gIElC6Zk0TKzCs

(I had to use mega because I couldn't attach the file here, some error about no file was selected whenever I tried)

Also, since you are familiar with the file structure, what the purpose of the PRG0 folder? its almost identical to the PRG1 folder. Is it for some alternate mode? or language?

Thanks, it's very similar to mrz09 but with a few more strings and slightly different images.

Here is an update that might work:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases/download/v2.1/mrz02_update.zip

extract it to a usb stick, plug it in and wait.

If the images don't work, replace the Image.img file with your original and try again.

PRG0 and PRG1 are used for updates, when the system is updated it copies the new files to the unused directory and then adds or removes a PRG.FLG to say which one is now in use. no PRG.FLG means use PRG0, PRG.FLG means use PRG1.

Thanks, it's very similar to mrz09 but with a few more strings and slightly different images.

Here is an update that might work:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases/download/v2.1/mrz02_update.zip

extract it to a usb stick, plug it in and wait.

If the images don't work, replace the Image.img file with your original and try again.

PRG0 and PRG1 are used for updates, when the system is updated it copies the new files to the unused directory and then adds or removes a PRG.FLG to say which one is now in use. no PRG.FLG means use PRG0, PRG.FLG means use PRG1.

Thanks! sadly the car is out of town again, so I might not be able to report back until this weekend, unless I convince the person driving it to try out your stuff.

Hi DZO.

I was wondering if there's a step by step guide anywhere showing how to edit these .LNG files / translate them to English, because I'd really like to learn how it works.

I understood how to access, backup and replace the files, but I just can't get the decoding and stuff to work. I've seen your post on github but I'm not sure how to use the scripts.. 

If a guide doesn't exist and you prefer to not make one, which I understand, do you still take requests?

Thanks for reading!

The source on github are small C programs. To run them you need a compiler, it's possible on windows but much easier on a linux box.

For a debian based distribution you need unicode libs so do:

apt install libunistring-dev

git clone https://github.com/dzo/mrz99.git

cd mrz99

make

to extract strings from a .LNG file do:

./decode PF090JPJPN.LNG | iconv -f utf16 > untranslated_090.txt

to create a new .LNG file do:

./recode translated.txt PF090JPJPN_new.LNG

where translated.txt is the translated text.

To extract the images from an Image.img file do

mkdir bmp

./extractbmp

cp -r bmp bmp_d

cd bmp_d

for i in *.gz; do gzip -d $i; done

to make a new Image.img file put your new images in the updated directory (must be 16 bit rgb565) and do:

cp -r bmp bmp1

cd updated

sh ./update.sh

cd ..

./extractbmp encode

I do have a way to change the splash screen on the mrz99 but it's a little fiddly so I'll only make it available if there is lots of demand.

Hi DZO

Thank you for your work here. I have a question if you don't mind. I've installed the translation on my MRZ77, all is fine and the question is, i have spotted other LNG files in LANGDATA folder of my device like PF090JPENG.LNG, do you know, if  these files contain translations or what are they used for?

Hi DZO

Thank you for your work here. I have a question if you don't mind. I've installed the translation on my MRZ77, all is fine and the question is, i have spotted other LNG files in LANGDATA folder of my device like PF090JPENG.LNG, do you know, if  these files contain translations or what are they used for?

They are language files with slight changes, it looks like they are mostly for different car companies, e.g. NA090JPMZD.LNG for Mazda.

There is a PF090JPENG.LNG but it only has a few English strings. 

Добрый день!

Очень заинтереÑовала Ваша работа.

У Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð¼Ð°Ð³Ð½Ð¸Ñ‚Ð¾Ð»Ð° pioneer carrozzeria avic-mrz99. ВерÑÐ¸Ñ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾ÑˆÐ¸Ð²ÐºÐ¸ 3.000000 

Скачал разные варианты файлов уÑтановки английÑкого Ñзыка.

При включении магнитолы запуÑкаетÑÑ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ñ†ÐµÑÑ ÑƒÑтановки, поÑле чего магнитола перезагружаетÑÑ, однако Ñзык оÑтаетÑÑ ÑпонÑкий.

Ð’ чем может быть проблема? 

MaximusMax. Попробуй вручную заменить файлы Langdata в prg1 и prg0 . У Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð²ÐµÑ€ÑÐ¸Ñ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾ÑˆÐ¸Ð²ÐºÐ¸ 1.002000. Ркак ее можно повыÑить?

DZO hi. Tell me please what is the reason, after the translation, and the subsequent compilation of PF090JPJPN.LNG through the command ./recode translated.txt PF090JPJPN.LNG, the terminal produces a segmentation error (a memory dump is made)