AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dzo bro can you tell me plz how to backup /USER

Ɛ ƐĀ² Ƒā€”ƐĀµĆĀ¼ ƐĀæƑā‚¬ĆĀ¾ĆĀ±ĆĀ»ĆĀµĆĀ¼ĆĀ° ƐĀæƑā‚¬ĆĀø ƐĀŗƐĀ¾ĆĀæƐĀøƑā‚¬ĆĀ¾ĆĀ²ĆĀ°ĆĀ½ĆĀøƐĀø? Ɛā€™ĆĀ°ĆĀ¼ ƐĀ½ĆĀ°ĆĀ“ƐĀ¾ Ƒā€šĆĀ¾ĆĀ»Ć‘Å’ĆĀŗƐĀ¾ prg0 ƐĀø prg1 ƐĀŗƐĀ¾ĆĀæƐĀøƑā‚¬ĆĀ¾ĆĀ²ĆĀ°Ć‘ā€šĆ‘Å’.ƐĀ²Ć‘ā€¹ĆĀ“ƐĀµĆĀ»Ć‘ƐĀµĆ‘ā€šĆĀµ ƐĀ½ĆĀ°ĆĀ¶ĆĀøƐĀ¼ĆĀ°ĆĀµĆ‘ā€šĆĀµ copi ƐĀæƐĀ¾Ć‘ā€šĆĀ¾ĆĀ¼ ƐĀ² ƑƐĀ“ ƐĀøƐĀ»ĆĀø ƑʒƑƐĀ± ƐĀ²Ć‘ā€¦ĆĀ¾ĆĀ“ƐĀøƑā€šĆĀµ ƐĀø ƐĀ¶ĆĀ¼ĆĀµĆ‘ā€šĆĀµ paste

Ɛā€™Ć‘ā€¹ ƑƐĀ½ĆĀ°Ć‘ā€”ƐĀ°ĆĀ»ĆĀ¾ ƐĀ²Ć‘ā€¹ĆĀ»ĆĀ¾ĆĀ¶ĆĀøƑā€šĆĀµ Ć‘Ć‘Å½ĆĀ“ƐĀ° ƑƐĀ²ĆĀ¾ĆĀø Ƒā€žĆĀ°ĆĀ¹ĆĀ»Ć‘ā€¹, ƐĀ° DZO ƐĀæƐĀ¾Ć‘ƐĀ¼ĆĀ¾Ć‘ā€šĆ‘ā‚¬ĆĀøƑā€š ƐĀ½ĆĀ° ƐĀ½ĆĀøƑā€¦ ƐĀø ƑƐĀŗƐĀ°ĆĀ¶ĆĀµĆ‘ā€š ƐĀæƐĀµĆ‘ā‚¬ĆĀµĆĀ²ĆĀ¾ĆĀ“ ƐĀ²ĆĀ¾ĆĀ·ĆĀ¼ĆĀ¾ĆĀ¶ĆĀµĆĀ½ ƐĀøƐĀ»ĆĀø ƐĀ½ĆĀµĆ‘ā€š

DZO hi. Tell me please what is the reason, after the translation, and the subsequent compilation of PF090JPJPN.LNG through the command ./recode translated.txt PF090JPJPN.LNG, the terminal produces a segmentation error (a memory dump is made)

Ā 

There's no error checking so it'll do this if it can't open the input file.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

I've translated the Japanese language strings for the MRZ99 to English.Ā 

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

Some of the English is not perfect but it makes the system much more usable.Ā 

Ā 

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform versionĀ 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

Ā 

To install this, unzip the attachment attachicon.gifmrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum isĀ cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Ā 

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (rightĀ button with Japanese writing on it)Ā 

This opens the file manager which is in English and fairly obvious.

Ā 

Make a backup of /USER as described elsewhere on avic411.com

Ā 

Look in /USER to see if there is a file named Ā PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

Ā 

You can check the file versions by looking at Ā /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

Ā 

go to Ā /USER/PRGx/APL/LANGDATA/

Ā 

deleteĀ Ā PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the newĀ PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it intoĀ LANGDATA where the old one was.

Ā 

Switch off the power and when it restarts, it should be in English....

Ā 

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Ā 

Update: There's now an installer that also changes the background and most of the important images with japanese text.

Ā 

Find it here:

Ā 

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases

Ā 

Hey Dzo, i followed your installer and extracted it onto USB however when i plug in usb it says copying with red screen then it says done with green screen. However it doesn't seem to work.

Ā 

I tried to turn off the car when doing installation and after completing restart.

Ā 

This was for the AVIC MRZ90.

Ā 

First i was trying to convert to english and once that's done hopefully i can load NZ maps on it

any help would be appreciated it.Ā 

Hey Dzo, i followed your installer and extracted it onto USB however when i plug in usb it says copying with red screen then it says done with green screen. However it doesn't seem to work.

Ā 

I tried to turn off the car when doing installation and after completing restart.

Ā 

This was for the AVIC MRZ90.

Ā 

First i was trying to convert to english and once that's done hopefully i can load NZ maps on it

any help would be appreciated it.Ā 

Ā 

Mrz90 is a bit older than mrz99 so it probably has different strings. Can you get into testmode andĀ copy all of /USER to an sd card then post /USER/PRG1/APL/MENU/Image.img and everything in /USER/PRG1/APL/LANGDATA/ here. I'll see what I can do.

Ā 

I'm in NZ too, I don't think putting NZ maps on these devices will be easy or worthwhile because the english versions never had NZ maps and Google maps is far bettter anyway.

Hi DZO,

Ā 

Sorry to bother you again, but could you pleaseĀ advise if there is any instruction how to change boot splash screen on mrz77?

Ā 

Here are instructions on how to change the mrz99 splash screen.

Ā 

First get an 800x480 image to use. Save it in 16 bit rgb565 format, strip the header off so it is exactly 768000 bytes long.

add a 512 byte header that starts like this:

Ā 

00000000 Ā a5 5a 5a a5 00 b8 0b 00 Ā bc ea cd 15 00 00 00 01 Ā |.ZZ.............|

00000010 Ā 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Ā 4e 41 30 39 30 4f 50 4e Ā |........NA090OPN|

00000020 Ā ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff Ā ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff Ā |................|

Ā 

with the other bytes 0xff

Ā 

call it NA090OPN.DAT

Ā 

compile the makever.c program from my github and run it with NA090OPN.DAT to generate NA090OPN.VER.

Ā 

On a usb stick or sd card create a directory called AVICMRZ90 with a directory OPN090 inside it.

Ā 

copyĀ NA090OPN.VER to AVICMRZ90 asĀ PF090OPN.VER and OPN.VER (I can't remember which is correct so just put both in there)

copyĀ NA090OPN.DAT to the OPN090 directory and rename it as PF090OPN.DAT

Ā 

start testmode and select "forced firmware update" in japanese, I think it's the third entry but check first using google translate.

select "opening image", i think it's the last entry but again, check.

Ā 

select usb or sd card and a new version number should appear, if not, check your directory structure and file names.

hit menu (or it could be another key) and it will write the splash screen.

Ā 

I have done this and it works but as you can see it's not a simple process, it took me a long time to figure out the directory structure and

when it finally worked I had the DAT and VER files in lots of places with different names so the above may not be 100% correct but with some trial and error you should be able to get it to work. There is no way to go back to the standard image.

Ā 

I'm happy with the splash screen I have now so I'm not going to change it or spend time making this process easier.

I'm definitely not going to take requests to convert splash screen images into dat and ver files!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā