AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

can anyone helped me change an AVIC MRZ07 to English. or is the AVIC MRZ09 file the same

It should be the same as 09 but this hasn't been tested. Make a backup of \USER\ and try the zip I posted yesterday. If it doesn't work, restore the Image.img file first and check again. The script shows which files are replaced.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Dose anyone have an idea if this files will work on and MRZ 66? Could it be possible to change to English from Japanese?

Above was my question but since then i decided to give dzo file a try.  IT WORKS ON AVIC MRZ66 :idea:  8)

My steps:

Enter test mode: HOLD NAVI - press right, left 3 times

In the main menu go down to nr 11(last one). My menu is in Japanese.

1. Go to USER file.

2. Make back up as DZO suggested. Use the buttons on the radio to go left right up down. (volume up down) (next track left right) NAVI ( takes you back to main menu only) Select or mode is under Navi ( For me). It takes a wile to paste the files so be patient.

I used this video to understand how to copy and paste.  Also it did not want to paste to my USB but to the memory card it worked.

3. Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

I had both and both had the same files  and this was what i need it to change PF090JPJPN.LNG

DZO did say! " You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)" but the files where just a bit different in size.

In PRG1 it was 94000 in size or so did the file manager say.

/USER/PRG1/APL/LANGDATA/

Here i wanna mention that there a lot of files and in both APL and LANGDATA you need to scroll to the bottom to find both files.

4. I replaced them both in both folders PRG0 and PRG1 but only after i replaced it in PRG1 it changed the menu. Second time is a charm.

There are more files in this folder and i suspect that there for navigation or other parts of the system since not all my radio is in English. Parts of NAVI are still in Japanese  but who cares.

What was most important is that is file worked and managed to turn a useless radio in one that i can use.

One more thing would be good is to manage to change the maps and then this would be even better.

Anyone has some maps for this kind of navigation? Mine are for Japan 2011 and i need Europe any year since will do.

Disregard the Japanese image of the radio show here it was from my original post.

post-141299-0-48110600-1483136280_thumb.jpeg

Hi,

Dose anyone have an idea if this files will work on and MRZ 66? Could it be possible to change to English from Japanese?

Above was my question but since then i decided to give dzo file a try.  IT WORKS ON AVIC MRZ66 :idea:  8)

My steps:

Enter test mode: HOLD NAVI - press right, left 3 times

In the main menu go down to nr 11(last one). My menu is in Japanese.

1. Go to USER file.

2. Make back up as DZO suggested. Use the buttons on the radio to go left right up down. (volume up down) (next track left right) NAVI ( takes you back to main menu only) Select or mode is under Navi ( For me). It takes a wile to paste the files so be patient.

I used this video to understand how to copy and paste.  Also it did not want to paste to my USB but to the memory card it worked.

3. Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

I had both and both had the same files  and this was what i need it to change PF090JPJPN.LNG

DZO did say! " You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)" but the files where just a bit different in size.

In PRG1 it was 94000 in size or so did the file manager say.

/USER/PRG1/APL/LANGDATA/

Here i wanna mention that there a lot of files and in both APL and LANGDATA you need to scroll to the bottom to find both files.

4. I replaced them both in both folders PRG0 and PRG1 but only after i replaced it in PRG1 it changed the menu. Second time is a charm.

There are more files in this folder and i suspect that there for navigation or other parts of the system since not all my radio is in English. Parts of NAVI are still in Japanese  but who cares.

What was most important is that is file worked and managed to turn a useless radio in one that i can use.

https://goo.gl/photos/Zis3ZTxzFHpJUnv46

https://goo.gl/photos/a6JJi6NjpoYYAF54A

One more thing would be good is to manage to change the maps and then this would be even better.

Anyone has some maps for this kind of navigation? Mine are for Japan 2011 and i need Europe any year since will do.

Hello

I did the same on my MRZ09 and it looks way better. I have a similar issue with maps for Europe. Anyone has them available?

Rgds

Hello

I checked the EN version of the file PF110JPJPN.LNG and it looks ok. Somehow I didnt find elements I thought needed improvement. However translation to English is limited by the google translator same as with my Polish version. How to deal with that I don't know yet.

Here 

https://github.com/ak1947K2/mrz99/tree/patch-1 

I downloaded the 1st version of Polish translation.

Dzo could you do your magic and change it to LNG file? Or let me know how to do it.

Thanks

Hello

I checked the EN version of the file PF110JPJPN.LNG and it looks ok. Somehow I didnt find elements I thought needed improvement. However translation to English is limited by the google translator same as with my Polish version. How to deal with that I don't know yet.

Here 

https://github.com/ak1947K2/mrz99/tree/patch-1 

I downloaded the 1st version of Polish translation.

Dzo could you do your magic and change it to LNG file? Or let me know how to do it.

Thanks

It's a good start but I'm afraid you will need to do some more work for this to be usable.

Your translation only has the first 700 strings, there are over 4000 needed. Google translate has a limit so you will need to translate them in batches.

You also need to make sure that anywhere there is a % in a line, that it isn't changed by google translate, % followed by a number and/or character is a format string and google translate will mess these up so you need to change them back by hand. There should never be a space after a % and sometimes the character and the % are swapped or the char is capitalised.  Look at the original strings if in doubt. 

Dear Dzo

Ive tried to install the LNG on my Japanese MRZ 05 but ACCIDENTALLY deleted other files in the LANGDATA option .... As a result not only 

I dont get anything in English, I get empty boxes which means even the Japanese characters disappear!!!

Note: I replaced the file with the one zipped here kindly from ypu BOTH in PRG0 and PRG1.

Your help will be highly appreciated

Best F

Thanks Dzo

I managed now to get the boxes back to normal having pasted LANGDATA IN PR 0 which is apparently what my device uses. 

Now the problem is for MRZ05 is that I got back everything in Japanese again!

Should I download PF090JPJPN.LNG as translated by you here and replace the same file which is now in LANGDATA or shall I RENAME it in PF110JPJPN.LNG so that I will end up having English in the system everywhere? Or have you translated PF110JPJPN.LNG in English?

Thanks Dzo

I managed now to get the boxes back to normal having pasted LANGDATA IN PR 0 which is apparently what my device uses. 

Now the problem is for MRZ05 is that I got back everything in Japanese again!

Should I download PF090JPJPN.LNG as translated by you here and replace the same file which is now in LANGDATA or shall I RENAME it in PF110JPJPN.LNG so that I will end up having English in the system everywhere? Or have you translated PF110JPJPN.LNG in English?

Post #11 has a zip with a translated PF110JPJPN.LNG

You can also try the zip installer in post #29 to replace the images too

but:

Make sure you do a backup first!