AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

Hi everyone,

has anyone managed to change the time on the mrz05?

I have used the generic testmode file that DZO posted here and managed to access the menu to set the dummy time.

However, when i try to save the time that I have set, I get a "failed" message

Does anyone knows what could be the cause?

Cheers

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/21/2018 at 5:37 PM, Olivier said:

Hi everyone,p

has anyone managed to change the time on the mrz05?

I have used the generic testmode file that DZO posted here and managed to access the menu to set the dummy time.

However, when i try to save the time that I have set, I get a "failed" message

Does anyone knows what could be the cause?

Cheers

Please describe how you are tring to change the time? however, Mr Ilnur has given a method in earlier posts. According to him power off the unit, remove the gps antenna, wait for 20 minutes. power up, the unit will not be able to get gps time, now you can set the time manually. there is also a video link. I have not tried it, if you succeed share it here so that all of us can benefit. Another method can be to change the time zone and time will become accurate automatically, but how to change time zone, I do not know. Best of luck. 

Edited by javed akhtar
some more info
On 7/24/2018 at 5:14 PM, Mwassaru said:

Thanks DZO, will try and let you know if it works by saturday. Thank yu

I tried the files but the translation again wasn't as accurate as expected. But again i realised that my MRZ85 is version 2.0 i think thats why the files may not be working. I just wish I could restore the original  Japanese language so that i use google translate but I deleted the file long time ago.Am sucked up

On 7/23/2018 at 10:39 PM, javed akhtar said:

in navigation, you have the option of language, English or Japanese. But it only changes on the map, it does not change the language of menus.

Thanks for the help. Was able to change the radio language to english even tho is not everything change. 

What I want to know now is how to set the time for the clock. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

10 hours ago, Jay8992 said:

Thanks for the help. Was able to change the radio language to english even tho is not everything change. 

What I want to know now is how to set the time for the clock. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

10 hours ago, Jay8992 said:

Mr Ilnur has given a method in earlier posts. According to him power off the unit, remove the gps antenna, wait for 20 minutes. power up, the unit will not be able to get gps time, now you can set the time manually. there is also a video link. I have not tried it, if you succeed share it here so that all of us can benefit. Another method can be to change the time zone and time will become accurate automatically, but how to change time zone, I do not know. Best of luck. 

On 22/12/2016 at 18:57, ak1947 said:

Hola

Acabo de cambiar mi MRZ09 a la versión en inglés. Estoy tan feliz de haberlo logrado.

Hay algunos pequeños ajustes necesarios, pero se ve muy bien sin embargo.

Me dejas saber cómo haré estos ajustes y los tendré disponibles aquí.

Gracias

Good afternoon, I have a problem.
I have in AVIC-MRZ09 in Japanese.

I am trying to use the automatic installer, but when turning on it does not recognize the USB input, how to make it boot?

Other pendrive recognizes without problems.
On 2/11/2016 at 8:45 PM, dzo said:

I've translated the Japanese language strings for the MRZ99 to English. 

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

Some of the English is not perfect but it makes the system much more usable. 

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform version 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

To install this, unzip the attachment mrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum is cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (right button with Japanese writing on it) 

This opens the file manager which is in English and fairly obvious.

Make a backup of /USER as described elsewhere on avic411.com

Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

go to  /USER/PRGx/APL/LANGDATA/

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the new PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it into LANGDATA where the old one was.

Switch off the power and when it restarts, it should be in English....

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Update: There's now an installer that also changes the background and most of the important images with japanese text.

Find it here:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases

mrz99English_v2.zip

Thanks a million, I followed the instructions step by step and almost everything was in English now. only remains to see if you can load the maps and other things, we will see if I can do it. Thank you!! Regards from Paraguay!!

10 hours ago, josek said:

Good afternoon, I have a problem.
I have in AVIC-MRZ09 in Japanese.

I am trying to use the automatic installer, but when turning on it does not recognize the USB input, how to make it boot?

Other pendrive recognizes without problems.

If you are having problems, you can replace the two files manually, as described in earlier posts.

5 hours ago, josek said:

Thanks a million, I followed the instructions step by step and almost everything was in English now. only remains to see if you can load the maps and other things, we will see if I can do it. Thank you!! Regards from Paraguay!!

If you read the earlier posts, you will find that many have tried to load the maps but all have faced some problems. you can also try to install igo, maplorer, mapfactor navigator, navegis or navitel etc. you should also share your experience and problems so that others can help you.