AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

On 11/3/2016 at 1:45 AM, dzo said:

I've translated the Japanese language strings for the MRZ99 to English. 

I figured out the format of the LNG file, dumped the Japanese, translated all the strings using google translate, then rebuilt the file.

Some of the English is not perfect but it makes the system much more usable. 

I've tested it with APP firmware version 3.070200 (installed with platform version 3.000600), other versions may not work.

If the old language file is 93627 bytes long then this will almost certainly work.

To install this, unzip the attachment mrz99english.zip and put the PF090JPJPN.LNG file on an sd card. (130905 bytes, md5sum is cb3f9cb76330704cc171e2b0acb9f6ad)

Get into testmode by holding the NAVI button (left button with Japanese writing on it) and pressing right..left..right..left..right..left and then release NAVI.

Go to the last entry on the first page (File Maintenance in Japanese) and press MENU (right button with Japanese writing on it) 

This opens the file manager which is in English and fairly obvious.

Make a backup of /USER as described elsewhere on avic411.com

Look in /USER to see if there is a file named  PRG.FLG

if there is, then the system uses /USER/PRG1, otherwise it uses /USER/PRG0

You can check the file versions by looking at  /USER/PRGx/PF090APL.HTM (where x is 0 or 1 depending on PRG.FLG)

go to  /USER/PRGx/APL/LANGDATA/

delete  PF090JPJPN.LNG

go to /SD, copy the new PF090JPJPN.LNG and paste it into LANGDATA where the old one was.

Switch off the power and when it restarts, it should be in English....

This worked for me but obviously is not 100% safe, be very careful in the file manager.

Update: There's now an installer that also changes the background and most of the important images with japanese text.

Find it here:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/releases

mrz99English_v2.zip

I am just posting to say many thank you to dzo, this post has helped me. the file mrz02_update from the github link worked like a glove!!! Thousand thanks dzo!!

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, JamesKM said:

Did you get help on how to create back up? if yes kindly let me know how

Go to the folder you want to backup. Select the files, and confirm that the + sign appears at the left of the files. Now select copy. go to sd card and select paste. put the card in your computer to confirm if the files are backed up.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, lpav said:

I have selected english and I tried the other languages just in case it would work but it didnt

rename the downloaded PF090JPJPN.LNG AND PF110JPJPN.LNG files to PF090JPENG.LNG AND PF110JPENG.LNG. For safety backup these two files from prg0 and prg1 folders. Put the renamed files to prg0 and prg1 folders and see the magic!

On 9/10/2018 at 9:44 AM, javed akhtar said:

Go to the folder you want to backup. Select the files, and confirm that the + sign appears at the left of the files. Now select copy. go to sd card and select paste. put the card in your computer to confirm if the files are backed up.

Hi, which particular files should i select to back up from user because i cant be able to select the user folder. I am still unable to do the back up, kindly assist.

10 hours ago, Dan45 said:

I have read everything on this forum and tried an autoupdate on usb but it only changed the image. I do not understand how I select the language from the navi menu I have a mrz06 avic

Infect you not need to change the language from the navi menu. you only need to download the  PF090JPJPN.LNG AND PF110JPJPN.LNG files and put them to prg0 and prg1 folders.