AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 30.12.2016 at 2:59 PM, dzo said:

Here's a zip file that should automatically update mrz99, mrz77, mrz09 and mrz07 (and perhaps others).

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/blob/master/updatemrz99.zip?raw=true

Hello. I downloaded zip and there is a question

COPY -c SD\Image.img USER\PRG1\APL\MENU\Image.img
#COPY -c SD\Image.img USER\PRG0\APL\MENU\Image.img
#COPY -c SD\PF090JPJPN.LNG USER\PRG1\APL\LANGDATA\PF090JPJPN.LNG
#COPY -c SD\PF090JPJPN.LNG USER\PRG0\APL\LANGDATA\PF090JPJPN.LNG
#COPY -c SD\PF110JPJPN.LNG USER\PRG1\APL\LANGDATA\PF110JPJPN.LNG
#COPY -c SD\PF110JPJPN.LNG USER\PRG0\APL\LANGDATA\PF110JPJPN.LNG

should i uncomment those lines above? Or first line is enough mrz07 to became enlish?

thanks to Dzo!!!!

Its in English now!

first of all i modified script to make backup (created backup folder on SD card and PRF0 and PRG1folders inside backup)

then i made backup:

COPY -c USER\PRG1\APL\MENU\Image.img SD\backup\PRG1\Image.img
COPY -c USER\PRG0\APL\MENU\Image.img SD\backup\PRG0\Image.img
COPY -c USER\PRG1\APL\LANGDATA\PF090JPJPN.LNG SD\backup\PRG1\PF090JPJPN.LNG
COPY -c USER\PRG0\APL\LANGDATA\PF090JPJPN.LNG SD\backup\PRG0\PF090JPJPN.LNG
COPY -c USER\PRG1\APL\LANGDATA\PF110JPJPN.LNG SD\backup\PRG1\PF110JPJPN.LNG
COPY -c USER\PRG0\APL\LANGDATA\PF110JPJPN.LNG SD\backup\PRG0\PF110JPJPN.LNG

then rebooted, changed ScriptExec.ini to:

COPY -c SD\Image.img USER\PRG1\APL\MENU\Image.img
COPY -c SD\Image.img USER\PRG0\APL\MENU\Image.img
COPY -c SD\PF090JPJPN.LNG USER\PRG1\APL\LANGDATA\PF090JPJPN.LNG
COPY -c SD\PF090JPJPN.LNG USER\PRG0\APL\LANGDATA\PF090JPJPN.LNG
COPY -c SD\PF110JPJPN.LNG USER\PRG1\APL\LANGDATA\PF110JPJPN.LNG
COPY -c SD\PF110JPJPN.LNG USER\PRG0\APL\LANGDATA\PF110JPJPN.LNG

rebooted

and its works fine

but NAVI is still in Japanese but i dont care it

Thanks again!!!

On 4/10/2019 at 2:47 PM, EnoKt said:

Hi @dzo,

Your contribution is appreciated always. I jump boosted a battery to start my car  The AVIC MRZ09 shows the characters in Japanese shown below, translated  ''there is no program'' with number 7 at the bottom right of screen. The USER/DIŔ shows no content  Any help to revive this unit? I have original USER content backup and the English one from your previous posts. . I tried copying and  pasting the backups to the USER folder but nothing happens or shows up.  The Unit copies and pastes to any other media like FLASH DISC OR SD but does not paste in USER folder.. Any help  to revive it.? 

20190418_145120.jpg

Hi everyone.

I haven't yet got any hint for solving the above problem posted on page 47. Any assistance from this forum is welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/5/10 at 8:40 AM, dzo said:

Here are instructions on how to change the mrz99 splash screen.

First get an 800x480 image to use. Save it in 16 bit rgb565 format, strip the header off so it is exactly 768000 bytes long.

add a 512 byte header that starts like this:

00000000  a5 5a 5a a5 00 b8 0b 00  bc ea cd 15 00 00 00 01  |.ZZ.............|

00000010  01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  4e 41 30 39 30 4f 50 4e  |........NA090OPN|

00000020  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  |................|

with the other bytes 0xff

call it NA090OPN.DAT

compile the makever.c program from my github and run it with NA090OPN.DAT to generate NA090OPN.VER.

On a usb stick or sd card create a directory called AVICMRZ90 with a directory OPN090 inside it.

copy NA090OPN.VER to AVICMRZ90 as PF090OPN.VER and OPN.VER (I can't remember which is correct so just put both in there)

copy NA090OPN.DAT to the OPN090 directory and rename it as PF090OPN.DAT

start testmode and select "forced firmware update" in japanese, I think it's the third entry but check first using google translate.

select "opening image", i think it's the last entry but again, check.

select usb or sd card and a new version number should appear, if not, check your directory structure and file names.

hit menu (or it could be another key) and it will write the splash screen.

I have done this and it works but as you can see it's not a simple process, it took me a long time to figure out the directory structure and

when it finally worked I had the DAT and VER files in lots of places with different names so the above may not be 100% correct but with some trial and error you should be able to get it to work. There is no way to go back to the standard image.

I'm happy with the splash screen I have now so I'm not going to change it or spend time making this process easier.

I'm definitely not going to take requests to convert splash screen images into dat and ver files!!

Nice to meet you.
I got Nissan genuine MP310-A and Daihatsu genuine NMDP-W59.
Both are equivalent to the MRZ 99, and the splashstart launch screen displays the Nissan and Daihatsu logos.
I want to rewrite this.
However, I first want to know how to back up the car company's original [NA090OPN. DAT].
Also, if you do not know how to create NA090OPN.DAT, can you send me a sample?

1 hour ago, yoppi2010 said:

Nice to meet you.
I got Nissan genuine MP310-A and Daihatsu genuine NMDP-W59.
Both are equivalent to the MRZ 99, and the splashstart launch screen displays the Nissan and Daihatsu logos.
I want to rewrite this.
However, I first want to know how to back up the car company's original [NA090OPN. DAT].
Also, if you do not know how to create NA090OPN.DAT, can you send me a sample?

I don't think there is an easy way to dump the existing splash screen because it's on a separate partition and not accessible to the file manager.

Attached is a data file with a pioneer logo, you can view it in gimp by importing it as raw 800x600 rgb565 with a 512 byte header.

The important thing to get correct is the directory structure for the update, I think the main directory name has to be the same as the product name in:

/USER/PRG0/PF090APL.HTM

Yours probably won't be AVICMRZ90.

PIONEER.DAT

22 hours ago, dzo said:

I don't think there is an easy way to dump the existing splash screen because it's on a separate partition and not accessible to the file manager.

Attached is a data file with a pioneer logo, you can view it in gimp by importing it as raw 800x600 rgb565 with a 512 byte header.

The important thing to get correct is the directory structure for the update, I think the main directory name has to be the same as the product name in:

/USER/PRG0/PF090APL.HTM

Yours probably won't be AVICMRZ90.

PIONEER.DAT

Thank you for your quick response.
There are two more questions.
The first question is Attached [PIONEER.DAT] How do you check the image preview on the PC?
Second question.
What software should I use to convert bmp to 16-bit RGB565 (NA090.OPN) on Windows?
I am sorry for the basic questions.

4 hours ago, yoppi2010 said:

Thank you for your quick response.
There are two more questions.
The first question is Attached [PIONEER.DAT] How do you check the image preview on the PC?
Second question.
What software should I use to convert bmp to 16-bit RGB565 (NA090.OPN) on Windows?
I am sorry for the basic questions.

Just use gimp.

On 2019/7/9 at 10:16 AM, dzo said:

Just use gimp.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Is it safe to convert the image (BMP) you want to change with fixbmpheader.c, change it to the NA090OPN.DAT name, and add a 512-byte header?

If I want to display PIONEER.DAT on Windows, will I use extractbmp.c to change to BMP?

I do not know how to use DZO's .c script published on github. I use Windows. I am glad if you can tell in detail.

aaaa.jpg

Just use gimp.

Compilation and generation of NA090OPN.VER succeeded.
Thank you very much.

It can not be installed in Navi.
The navigation side is not aware.

Is the file structure of the SD card OK?

-SD

--OPNXXX

---NAXXXOPN.DAT

---NAXXXOPN.VER

My navigation was NA100OPN and NA092OPN.
Internal system file are almost the same as NA090.
When I made NAXXXOPN.DAT and NAXXXOPN.VER, I changed it to NA100 or NA092, including the inside part of NA090.
Please give me advice.

El 27/3/2019 a las 10:54, EnoKt dijo:

Cómo resolver mi problema finalmente con AVIC CARROZZERIA MRZ09 .

Recordar haber guardado dos copias de seguridad para la carpeta USER en mi computadora portátil. 1) Versión antes de usar la configuración automática japonés-inglés de DZO que funcionó perfectamente en mi AVIC MRZ09. 2) Versión después de la conversión exitosa al inglés siguiendo el programa DZOs.

1) Ingresé en TestMode usando botones y navegué hasta USER DIR, luego seleccioné todos los archivos y presioné eliminar. Tomó tiempo pero lo hizo.

2) Copiar la versión en inglés de la carpeta de la copia de la seguridad en la discoteca flash y transfirió los contenidos a la carpeta USER del AVIC MRZ09. Tomó bastante tiempo pegarlo. Finalmente se hizo.

3) Se retiró el disco flash y se apagó el ACC. Esperamos que el ventilador interno de la unidad se haya determinado por completo y que se encuentre un ACC.

4) La unidad volvió con vida sin pantalla negra y funciona bien. 

Espero que esta solución pueda ayudar a alguien con un problema similar como el mío.

Tengo el mismo problema en mi mrz09 pero no he hecho una copia de seguridad .... porfavor de agradecería que me pases los archivos que están en USER y me indiques los pasos que hiciste para que la radio vuelva a su normalidad porfavor 

Just use gimp.

I am sorry to post many times.
I almost solved myself.
The product number of the device I had was AVIC0257, and the system name was NA100BOT.VER, NA100FNT.VER, so I think it is NA100.

If you create AVIC0257 in the root folder of SD and insert NA100OPN.VER and NA100OPN.DAT put in it, the navigation is recognized and [4.00000] is displayed as the data version of SD.
However, when you try to install [CRC Err(A)] is displayed.
Are you having problems creating NA100OPN.DAT?

If the file is not correct, please tell me how to convert bmp that can be displayed on Windows to 16-bit RGB 565 format.
I attach the data I want to create and the image I want to display.

https://mega.nz/#F!92YR0SJK!J8zSzo7xpwez4fRG1fAUrg

1 hour ago, yoppi2010 said:

I am sorry to post many times.
I almost solved myself.
The product number of the device I had was AVIC0257, and the system name was NA100BOT.VER, NA100FNT.VER, so I think it is NA100.

If you create AVIC0257 in the root folder of SD and insert NA100OPN.VER and NA100OPN.DAT put in it, the navigation is recognized and [4.00000] is displayed as the data version of SD.
However, when you try to install [CRC Err(A)] is displayed.
Are you having problems creating NA100OPN.DAT?

If the file is not correct, please tell me how to convert bmp that can be displayed on Windows to 16-bit RGB 565 format.
I attach the data I want to create and the image I want to display.

https://mega.nz/#F!92YR0SJK!J8zSzo7xpwez4fRG1fAUrg

That .DAT file looks fine (the subaru logo), though it might be upside down. 

Looks like you are close, seems like the checksum in the VER file is not correct.

The other VER files in your zip seem to use a different checksum method, (crc32b). Try the attached makever.c instead.

You might also want to try creating an OPN100 folder with the .DAT file in it and copying the ver file to OPN.VER . When it worked, my folder structure looked like this:

AVICMRZ90/
--NA090OPN.DAT
--NA090OPN.VER
--OPN.VER

--OPN090/
----
NA090OPN.DAT

makever.c

El 17/8/2018 a las 16:59, Allantin dijo:

Hola, primero quiero dar las gracias a tu trabajo aquí.

Sobre el problema que tengo. Mi radio es el Avic-mrz09.

Borre por error en algunos archivos del directorio de USUARIO. No recuerdo los nombres o números. Ahora la radio. Suena normal como antes, pero no muestra ninguna letra.

¿Alguien puede subir el directorio completo de USUARIO para reemplazarlos? 

Alguien que pueda pasar los archivos que están en la carpeta USER de la radio mrz-09 porfavor