Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 6:15 AM, Shtirlitz said:

Hi,

OK, here is the step-by-step manual:

Step 1: Take out the FW, see here

Step 2: Get the file named "PS140PLT.PRG". For RZ09 it is in folder NAVIVUP\AVICRZ09\PLATFORM\

Cut out 0x200 bytes from the start of the file: its header. I used the SFK-tool:

sfk195x64.exe partcopy PS140PLT.PRG -allfrom 0x200 output.nb0 -yes

When you need to extract file output.nb0 by the dumpromx.exe tool (easy to find it on this forum):

mkdir DUMP
dumpromx.exe -d DUMP -v -5 output.nb0 >output.txt

As a result, you'll get a lot of FW files, and initDB.dat of course :)

Step 3: Patch initDB.dat file.

Use my sources, take translate.c and translation.txt, and see the code:

const long OFFSET = 0x18C8D0L;   // RZ09 1.04 0x18C8D0L; RZ77 2.07 = 0x1EA87CL
const long BLOCK_LEN = 0xAF00BL; // RZ09 1.04  0xAF00BL; RZ77 2.07 =  0xB5CDFL

These constants define the start and length-1 of the data block inside of the initDB.dat, correct it according to your header.

Address stores in the little-endian bytes sequence:

scr001.png?raw=true

Go to the start of this data block offset:

scr002.png?raw=true

scr003.png?raw=true

You can see the start of the Japanese strings data, its in UCS-2 LE codepage.

The end of the data block at the end of the initDB.dat file:

scr004.png?raw=true

The address of the last data byte is 0x23B8DB. Use the calc for calculating the length-1 and insert it to translate.c source, and compile it.

While running, the translate.exe search for initDB.dat and translation.txt in the current folder.

After finishing the output file initDB_out.dat will be created.

Step 4: Assemble the updated FW.

Get makever.c and compile it. You can change the version if you need it, the current FW version in the PS140PLT.VER file.

scr005.png?raw=true

Replace initDB.dat in the FW by commands:

copy /Y initDB_out.dat initDB.dat
dumpromx.exe -a initDB.dat fw_104_src.nb0

You need to get the correct output, like this:

img 00000000 : hdr=8d908c88 base=88471000  commandlineoffset=88471000
ERROR: could not find pointer for ofs 00000000
Successful file initDB.dat inserting
initDB.dat.nb saved successfully

If it OK, run the makever.exe by commands:

del /Q fw_104.nb0
ren initDB.dat.nb fw_104.nb0
makever.exe
mkdir NAVIVUP\AVICRZ09\PLATFORM
copy /Y PS140PLT.PRG NAVIVUP\AVICRZ09\PLATFORM\PS140PLT.PRG
copy /Y PS140PLT.VER NAVIVUP\AVICRZ09\PS140PLT.VER

It creates the folders (NAVIVUP) and files for the AVIC's FW update.

Step 5: Just place folder NAVIVUP on the SD and try to update your AVIC in a test mode.

Use "Program forced write" menu and "Platform write" command, SD as a source.

On Internal SD stayed the original Japanese FW if you want back to it.

And be careful, do not power off the AVIC during updating, it can be bricked (or boot looped)!!!

Good luck)

Hello,

I have an AVIC RZ-06 and have been searching everywhere for translation from japanese to english before i found this forum. I tried to follow this tutorial and i'm stuck at Step 3. Have extracted the iniDB.dat file, but i can't edit it in Notepad++ (even tried Far manager) or anything else because it doesn't open properly. Can someone please help me with this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Pioneer Carrozzeria AVIC-MRZ02 car deck. The car was bought from Japan. The language isnt the issue. The deck developed a problem whereby it would boot, the Pioneer branding image would appear then it immediately went to an error page saying Program Failed to Start. I downloaded PRG0 and PRG1 files hoping that replacing the two folders would fix it. However, after pasting those two folders, a new error message appears saying There is no program. How do I fix? Does anyone have all the system/program files that I can just replace all and make it work like new again? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2020 at 6:48 PM, tMrz said:

Hey guys, I bought a Honda Fit and it came with Avic RZ33. I want to switch the clock. It seems, the clock is set for Japan time zone and I wanna change it to European zones. Is there anyway to do it? My radio is in Japanese language so, any pictures are welcome here :) 

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone figured out how to set the time to US/Canada rather than Japan on the AVIC MRZ series?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 1:28 AM, Solvalou said:

First off I want to go and say @dzo is an absolute legend! My MRZ-09 is (mostly) in English, so thank you so very much!

After reading through this lengthy thread, I guess I'm lucky that I have a working unit but there's still a couple of things that are annoying me and translating the original Japanese manuals for my model are proving not to be too helpful.

Firstly since resetting all the settings I've started getting this splash screen when powering on (and yes I can just "OK" it but it's annoying to keep having to do this every time).

Second issue of mine is the lack of being able to set the time, something many others have had issues with by the looks of it. It seems to be linked with the GPS from reading past posts. I see there's a video on a workaround for a different Carrozzeria unit, but is there anything for the MRZ-09? 

Thirdly is there away to change the splash screen on the MRZ-09? If so could anyone point me to the right discussion, tutorial or explain how it's done? I'm happy to make my own images, I'm well up enough on Photoshop to do it, I'd just need to know the image size and format. I'd like to make splash screens for others here too, upon request.

Forth and final thing that I'm fairly sure isn't possible reading the thread, but has anyone had any success in changing the maps what so ever on any JDM Carrozzeria device? If not, has anyone found a way to make it so the MRZ-09 defaults to the AV mode, or some way of disabling the Sat Nav altogether?

Please see my attached pictures. Any support would be greatly appreciated!

20210620_221725_1.jpg

20210620_221808.jpg

Just wondering how have you got your usb hooked up. I bought an ipod input cable ipod/usb and there's a male and female usb halfway down one cord and it doesn't pick up my phone or anything else plugged in. And the ipod only works when the usb male and female are connected. Seems odd

On 12/30/2016 at 4:59 AM, dzo said:

Here's a zip file that should automatically update mrz99, mrz77, mrz09 and mrz07 (and perhaps others).

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/blob/master/updatemrz99.zip?raw=true

Extract the zip to a usb drive and switch on the AVIC with it plugged in to install.

If you want to use a SD card, edit the script and replace USB\ with SD\ in the copy commands

It also replaces the images so there is almost no Japanese text left. 

My mrz99 has a photo of my family as the background but I'm sure you don't want that in your car so I've replaced it with this:

https://github.com/dzo/mrz99/blob/master/updated/b1853.bmp

Make sure you do a backup before running the script just in case.

Do you have any other background images available please?