AVIC411.com

Night Mode?

Make sure you have your illumination wire from your head unit connected to your cars illumination wire so it can auto dim when you turn on your lights. There is a thread covering this in several of the AVIC forums, not just the NEX. Once that is done you can adjust your illumination when lights are on, and separately when the lights are off.

Make sure you have your illumination wire from your head unit connected to your cars illumination wire so it can auto dim when you turn on your lights. There is a thread covering this in several of the AVIC forums, not just the NEX. Once that is done you can adjust your illumination when lights are on, and separately when the lights are off.

Weird, I have that connected but still nothing. I'll double-check when I open it up to add my backup camera.

Ethanw. If you've got the illumination wire connected, you should see 12 volts when the lights are turned on and no voltage when they're off. Then, from the "system setting" menu on the head unit, scroll down to picture adjustment. Be sure that your lights are tuned on and then adjust the nighttime dimmer to the level that works best for you. The head unit illumination will dim to the level that you've selected when the lights are turned on. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to adjust the nighttime brightness level with my vehicle's dimmer control. It seems as thought he only way to do that is via the head unit.

Weird, I noticed the auto dimming was not working after the shop set up the iDataLink Maestro RR for my 2014 CR-V and AVIC-5000NEX.

I'm gone the next couple weeks, I guess I'll have them take another look when I get back.

PS, unless this feature isn't supposed to work on cars that have DRL? :)

Don

It most-certainly does work on vehicles with DRL.

The illumination lead controls it generally; perhaps your installer didn't hook it up thinking the CANBus had the data on it, and the iDatalink unit doesn't pass it (or the unit doesn't decode that?)

I have DRL and the illumination wire connected and it works fine on my unit.

It most-certainly does work on vehicles with DRL.

The illumination lead controls it generally; perhaps your installer didn't hook it up thinking the CANBus had the data on it, and the iDatalink unit doesn't pass it (or the unit doesn't decode that?)

I have DRL and the illumination wire connected and it works fine on my unit.

Thanks for confirming, I'll visit the shop after my trip to get the adjustment made. Man I'm so glad I found this forum, you folks rock!

• 2 weeks later...

Day and Night mode are based on sunup and sunset (Clock). The dimmer wire will dim the display depending on setting of dimmer adjustment with lights on and off.  It fades between the two settings.It isn't like older systems that would change the map to dark when lights are on.

• 2 weeks later...

Day and Night mode are based on sunup and sunset (Clock). The dimmer wire will dim the display depending on setting of dimmer adjustment with lights on and off.  It fades between the two settings.It isn't like older systems that would change the map to dark when lights are on.

Thanks @dspin! I went back to the shop. Since my factory base unit didn't offer night dim, the engineer simply re-routed one wire and now I have night dim. :)