AVIC411.com

Can I stop Carplay from launching at startup?

I picked up a used iPhone 5 over the weekend to use for CarPlay in my AVH-4000NEX stereo. I leave it connected via USB cable to port 1 in the radio. Every time I start my car, The Pioneer start screen launches, then CarPlay takes over - I have to hit the ok button on the disclaimer, then NEX, then whatever is currently running on the right, in order to get to the NEX interface.

This is pretty annoying... Is there a way to set the radio to NOT launch CarPlay every time I start my car?

If pioneer would put this option in the settings, it could be checked on startup.

It only launches if you have usb enabled and CarPlay enabled.

So if there is a switch in settings to launch Nex on startup, instead of CarPlay, it would check if CarPlay is enabled, and if it is, the switch would set CarPlay to "No", and launch Nex.

If the switch is set to launch CarPlay on start up, it would check if usb is enabled, if not it would set this. Then it would check if CarPlay is enabled, if not, set it to "On"' and then launch CarPlay.

Looks good on paper.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Correct. PhilFromPA outlined what I would like in a perfect world... Go to NEX by default with an AirPlay button (Like the APPS button when I use my Android phone and AppRadio) in the Pioneer interface.

Under smartphone setup I can add the iPhone with CarPlay set to no, and I'll have access to some of the phone features as well as my music. But I would like to use CarPlay for podcasts and Spotify playback.