ï‚· Minor bug fixes and audio related issues

ï‚· All items from the previous update (version 1.06):

o Apple CarPlay support for iPhone®

6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and 

iPhone 5

o iTunes® Radio support for iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and 

iPhone 5

o Support for MPEG-2 playback

Pioneer needs to pay better attention to this. I downloaded the update for the 8000 and the zip file had the folder for the 5000. I don't think I want to try it.

If you refer to the firmware download instructions it states that once the file is unzipped it will say 5000nex but it is indeed for the 8000. Youll be fine!!

I detest liars.

Pioneer claimed there was "no problem able to be reproduced" with the resume not working for up to a full driving DAY with 1.06 on a large external USB device (e.g. SSD full of media.)  Well, they obviously reproduced something and fixed it, because 1.08 takes about 5 minutes to read my 120GB SSD on the first boot, doesn't play anything until it has finished, but once it does finish it picks up exactly where it left off immediately and thereafter.

In other words, the "no problem found" was a lie -- they not only found the problem I reamed them on they fixed it.

I'm happy it's fixed.  

I'm more than somewhat pissed that they didn't own up to breaking it in the first place.

PS: Sort order on tag lookup is still broken at the song (after drilling to an album) level, and is probably broken at the file level (if your disk directory itself is not sorted.)

I detest liars.

Pioneer claimed there was "no problem able to be reproduced" with the resume not working for up to a full driving DAY with 1.06 on a large external USB device (e.g. SSD full of media.) Well, they obviously reproduced something and fixed it, because 1.08 takes about 5 minutes to read my 120GB SSD on the first boot, doesn't play anything until it has finished, but once it does finish it picks up exactly where it left off immediately and thereafter.

In other words, the "no problem found" was a lie -- they not only found the problem I reamed them on they fixed it.

I'm happy it's fixed.

I'm more than somewhat pissed that they didn't own up to breaking it in the first place.

PS: Sort order on tag lookup is still broken at the song (after drilling to an album) level, and is probably broken at the file level (if your disk directory itself is not sorted.)

I wouldn't go as far as calling them liars. They probably couldn't reproduce the supposed issue. Maybe they tweaked something else and it just happened to fix it? Anyway, I am glad that pioneer is actually updating the units still. I figured once the CarPlay update was pushed, we'd becer see another. Hope they continue to improve.