AVIC411.com

update 1.08 file error - FIX FOUND

i've tried three different usb sticks, two different SD cards, all formatted to FAT-32, and all completely empty with the exception of the update folder. yet i keep getting a file error telling me that the update file should be the only file on the disk. it is. i've successfully updated every time in the past with a slew of different pioneer products, etc. but this time i am stumped. anyone? any ideas? this is nuts. i know what i'm doing, been there, done that, but this time, it will not work??

UPDATE:

SO THE ORIGINAL DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP WAS DONE ON MY MB PRO WHICH I UPDATED TO YOSEMITE YESTERDAY. I DECIDED TO TRY THE DOWNLOAD, ETC, ON MY IMAC WHICH IS RUNNING MAVERICKS, AND VOILA, IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM. COULD BE COINCIDENCE, OR COULD BE A FUNCTION OF THE OS. ANYWAY, THAT'S MY EXPERIENCE. ALL IS UPDATED NOW. THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

i've tried three different usb sticks, two different SD cards, all formatted to FAT-32, and all completely empty with the exception of the update folder. yet i keep getting a file error telling me that the update file should be the only file on the disk. it is. i've successfully updated every time in the past with a slew of different pioneer products, etc. but this time i am stumped. anyone? any ideas? this is nuts. i know what i'm doing, been there, done that, but this time, it will not work??

UPDATE:

SO THE ORIGINAL DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP WAS DONE ON MY MB PRO WHICH I UPDATED TO YOSEMITE YESTERDAY. I DECIDED TO TRY THE DOWNLOAD, ETC, ON MY IMAC WHICH IS RUNNING MAVERICKS, AND VOILA, IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM. COULD BE COINCIDENCE, OR COULD BE A FUNCTION OF THE OS. ANYWAY, THAT'S MY EXPERIENCE. ALL IS UPDATED NOW. THANKS

Therein lies your problem, your using an Apple product

• 1 month later...

Hi

An anyone please tell me what the directory name should be then that gets copied to the USB stick?

I extracted it exactly as it appears and it keeps on failing.

What I have on my USB stick is the directory: AVIC5000NEX

and that is it.('cause - all the files are included under this directory)

My 8000NEX is currently on 1.03 and I tried both upgrading to 1.06 and 1.08 - in both cases it fails, saying that it cannot find the update file.

Using Windows to do the extraction (Total commander, to be accurate).

Any help is apprecated.

Thanks

Update: I finally got hold of Pioneer after three days of trying to talk to someone. The tech told me that the directory AVIC5000NEX must be the only entry in the root of the USBstick AND that it must be formatted in either FAT32 or FAT16. Also, there should not be any hidden files on the stick.

I formatted two sticks, one with FAT16 and one with FAT32 and are goung to try again in the morning to update the firmware. Will report back.

• 6 months later...

I'm resurrecting this thread because I have spent half the day trying to get this firmware update to work.  I have tried copying the AVIC5000NEX folder to two different micro sd cards and three different usb drives.  I've tried copying the files to the root (i.e. w/o the AVIC5000NEX folder.  I've made sure there are no Bluetooth devices attempting connections to the unit and made sure that all other source connections are disconnected. 

I can see that the unit is trying to read from the sd card (and thumb drive).  If I connect the thumb drive to USB2 it reports that "no device is connected" as I would expect.  The unit can read media files from the thumb drives and sd cards just fine.

But no matter what I do, I always get the file error telling me that the update file should be the only file on the disk.  I have confirmed the name of the directly every time.  I don't have any renaming going on like addition of a "-2" suffix.  I looked for hidden files on the drive and Windows indicated there are none.  I'm using a computer with Windows 7 SP1 64-bit to unzip the file and copy the AVIC5000NEX directory to the thumb drives and sd card.

I solved the problem so I will post the answer for others who may stub their toe on this detail.  When using the file extraction utility in Windows 7, it does not preserve file paths by default.  Make sure the "Use folder names" checkbox is checked when extracting the files from the update zip file.  This detail is not mentioned in the firmware update instructions.

• 1 year later...