AVIC411.com

Muting the GPS and other bugs?

Hi all, I just installed the AVIC 8000NEX and upgraded to the latest firmware version straightaway, and I'm finding some bugs or perhaps they're features... Can you help me with these?

In the manual, on page 25, it talks about when you're in the map, and you press the menu (the 3 horizontal lines) button, the screen that pops up has an icon that looks like a speaker, and that's supposed to mute the GPS directions, but that icon is not on my screen.  It seems this is either a bug or they took the feature out?  I sometimes like to have the GPS on and routing me to a place, but I don't necessarily need it to tell me every turn and maneuver because I may be kinda familiar with where I'm going already.

Another issue is, if on the home screen, you click the NAVI menu item which brings you to the screen to plan a new route, your Saved Places do not show up.  You have to go to the map, then press the menu button, then new route, and in there, you'll find Saved Places.

And the last thing I've found is, in SiriusXM mode, sometimes the artist name and song title will be dim.  It's so dim you can't even see it during the day, and at night, it's barely visible.  Sometimes the name and title will be in bright white like it's supposed to be.  I noticed when it's dim, you can't click on it to save or tag the information, but even if the option to save the information wasn't available (which I don't see why not), I'd like to at least be able to see this information on the screen?

Are there settings I can play around with to fix these problems?

Thank you!

I can confirm , it's no MUTE in NAVI MAP screen i have written to PIONEER support Allready , but you can MUTE a NAVI wenn you have maked a route , in this case MUTE is on the screen (pause icon)

If you select the navi menu on the 8000 all you have to do is turn off voice guidance in the navi sound menu. Thats it thats all. Or you can turn the volume down. Its a matter of playing around with the unit or reading the manual.

If you select the navi menu on the 8000 all you have to do is turn off voice guidance in the navi sound menu. Thats it thats all. Or you can turn the volume down. Its a matter of playing around with the unit or reading the manual.

use one button or use a three buttons or more , whats is easily ?   i know that you know an answer :)  and it more secure to touch a button ones then navigate thrue menu options

Yeah.  That's not the same as actually having a mute button.  Going through the system menu to turn down the navi sound is not an ideal way to mute while driving.  While your solution technically works, it is not practical.  And by the way, it is precisely because I read the manual that I found out that there used to be a mute option.

Yeah. That's not the same as actually having a mute button. Going through the system menu to turn down the navi sound is not an ideal way to mute while driving. While your solution technically works, it is not practical. And by the way, it is precisely because I read the manual that I found out that there used to be a mute option.

I never really pay attention to it because i have mine set at a volume thats reasonable for me. Also i have a pac steering module and use steering controls for mute and im using a pac wri interface for wireless pioneer remote with att. Problem solved.