AVIC411.com

After experimenting with the navigation in my AVIC-D2, I've noticed that the "fastest route" that it calculates almost always has a longer estimated travel time than one of the alternate routes. For example, if I calculate the "fastest route," the system will give me a 22-minute route. But if I have the system calculate multiple routes, then route #2 might be a 17-minute route and route #4 might be a 19-minute route. So the system is calculating routes that are shorter than 22 minutes, but for some reason it gives me the 22-minute route as the "fastest."

Does anyone understand what's going on here? I don't understand why it's proposing the route that it does. My issue isn't that the route isn't my "favorite" route, just that the software seems to know that other routes are faster.

I have adjusted the average speeds somewhat. Do you think that is causing the problem somehow? One of my theories was that the map software uses its own (unadjustable) average speeds to calculate the fastest route. Then when it displays the route on the screen, it uses my custom-entered average speeds to estimate the travel time...?