AVIC411.com

AVIC-8000NEX Should the screen stay on after I lock the car?

Hello everybody,

I've installed a 8000NEX on my 2014 F150 using a Scosche Dash Kit and after I sit off the engine and lock the car the screen of my head unit stays on unless I push the mode button, then it displays "Display Off" but the buttons stay lit.

Is that expected behavior?

I am 100% confident I wired things correctly. Is there a menu option I am missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am concerned the unit will drain my car's battery over time if I don't fix this.

Thank you.

M.

Hello everybody,

I've installed a 8000NEX on my 2014 F150 using a Scosche Dash Kit and after I sit off the engine and lock the car the screen of my head unit stays on unless I push the mode button, then it displays "Display Off" but the buttons stay lit.

Is that expected behavior?

I am 100% confident I wired things correctly. Is there a menu option I am missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am concerned the unit will drain my car's battery over time if I don't fix this.

Thank you.

M.

The unit is still running when the display is off by that method. Your unit should shut itself off when your car is off and the door is opened. Sounds like something's wrong with your setup, but I didn't install my own so I can't offer any advice unfortunately.

Sounds like your unit is hooked up to non-switched power, meaning it is getting power all the time. Should be hooked up to switched power, only when ignition is on.

Although, your truck may have a delay, that keeps acc power on for 10 seconds or so. this would keep your unit on until the delay was off and power to everything is then turned off.