AVIC411.com

AvH 5600 camera gremlin

Hi team! I have an '07 ford f150 truck and had an Avic 3, and recently installed the 5600 with the bypass cable. Everything was awesome and amazing ( still wish you could tilt the screen negative degrees like the top ken wood, but oh well). I recently installed one if the taotao camera license plates. Power for the camera is run from my towing harness and the video cable is going to the backup camera per pioneers instructions. Up front, I ran the remote wire to the back / red cable and connected it to the pioneers camera on lead.

Here's the funking thing. When the car starts and I put it in reverse, the camera works. I put it in drive and the screen is black and I have to hold mute to get back to the source listing. If input it in reverse again, nothing. If I go to the input option screen, and the car is in reverse, hit the camera on button, it pops on. If I go back to drive, I have it hit source again to get off the camera screen. Any ideas? I was wondering if my reverse remote wire might night be carrying enough voltage to the pioneer.