AVIC411.com

Carplay Album Art Issue

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Album art for Pandora (with the Carplay "now playing" view) is much improved with ios 9.1. The image is bright enough to see easily, and (to my eye) sharper than the images posted on page 3 of this thread from the beta version. Finally. 

Edit: Upon closer inspection, I see that Pandora is now a CarPlay app on the CarPlay menu. Nice... no more switching from the NEX menu to CarPlay to use it with the other Apps.

• 7 months later...

I have an 8000 so YMMV. Go into CarPlay and then hit the home button and then the Settings icon. Go to Picture Adjustments and the adjustment controls will appear over CarPlay. Adjust accordingly. This will not effect the picture settings of the main unit. Be sure to do this during daylight and at night so you can adjust for each time.

I could not even see album art with the default settings. Had to crank brightness and lower contrast a bit. So the answer to your question is yes.

I must be thick, because I can't figure out how to do this.  I have a 4200, so maybe its different.  But, can you slow down the steps here a bit.  I go into CarPlay.  Then I hit the "home button"... I am assuming you are talking about the physical home button on the 4200, and that takes me to the main Pioneer home screen... not in CarPlay any longer.  I then go into settings and there is no "Picture Adjustments" setting that I can find on any menu.  The closest thing is under Themes, there is an Illumination setting but can't figure out what that does... no adjustment ability there.

Also, is there a way to take screen shots in CarPlay... that would help convey what I'm seeing.

Thanks.

I must be thick, because I can't figure out how to do this.  I have a 4200, so maybe its different.  But, can you slow down the steps here a bit.  I go into CarPlay.  Then I hit the "home button"... I am assuming you are talking about the physical home button on the 4200, and that takes me to the main Pioneer home screen... not in CarPlay any longer.  I then go into settings and there is no "Picture Adjustments" setting that I can find on any menu.  The closest thing is under Themes, there is an Illumination setting but can't figure out what that does... no adjustment ability there.

Also, is there a way to take screen shots in CarPlay... that would help convey what I'm seeing.

Thanks.

When all else fails, read the manual.  Now I see Picture Adjustments, but it is greyed out.  Its so greyed out that I couldn't read that it was Picture Adjustments.  Any idea how to get this to come back?  I tried it with my iPhone attached, and with it not attached... stays greyed out.  

When all else fails, read the manual.  Now I see Picture Adjustments, but it is greyed out.  Its so greyed out that I couldn't read that it was Picture Adjustments.  Any idea how to get this to come back?  I tried it with my iPhone attached, and with it not attached... stays greyed out.  

Seems I should have spent more time on Google before posting any of this.  I don't have the micro bypass installed and that appears to block this menu.  Just ordering one... hopefully that will fix my issue.

I have an 8000 so YMMV. Go into CarPlay and then hit the home button and then the Settings icon. Go to Picture Adjustments and the adjustment controls will appear over CarPlay. Adjust accordingly. This will not effect the picture settings of the main unit. Be sure to do this during daylight and at night so you can adjust for each time.

I could not even see album art with the default settings. Had to crank brightness and lower contrast a bit. So the answer to your question is yes.

This is how I do it on an 8000 NEX. Not sure if your unit is the same. 

Thanks.

See my post that I responded to you on, on Mac Rumors. Take a screen shot the same way you would take a screen shot of your phone. While in CarPlay and your phone is in sleep, press sleep and home button.