AVIC411.com

No Applicable Programs and No PRG0 and PGR1 folders - Help

Hello,

I'm new to the forum as a registered member but have used the site before and have been appreciative of the great stuff here.

I recently swapped out my battery and on reinstallation my AVIC-Z140BH showed my custom Splash Screen and then immediately displays "No Applicable Program".

I downloaded testmode on a SD Card and was able to check the USER Directory and there was no PRG0 or PRG1 subfolder.  How do I reinstall these files?  

Thanks in advance?

KBrandsma

Here is the error message

81A3A359-35C9-4514-93AD-F936893BB9C2_zps

Here is the Root Directrory of My AVIC 

6756A6C9-C757-4705-A865-945EEAD24FD9_zps

Here is the USER sub-folder

412F0867-69A7-4D90-AEE8-1F8635D6A20B_zps

It's worth a shot. I don't know  how you could make it worse.  But I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work. To me it sounds like a hardware problem. Something wiped-out those files/folders. Who knows what else got clobbered. If it were a computer connected to the internet, I'd suspect a malicious virus - but that's not possible here.

Are you sure you didn't attempt any hacks or installing Condi's crap? 

I don't know enough about the internal file system to offer intelligent technical advice. I seem to remember that /USER is on a separate physical device (NAND) and is mounted under the root file system - like with Linux. I assume PRG0 and PRG1 are just directories on the USER NAND.

I also just took a look at my a backup SD with my /USER files and I see you are missing more than PRG0 and PRG1. Besides SYSTEM, I also have RW and SETUP directories. However, those may be recreated as part of the update installation. Also, there are lots of subdirectories in /USER/SYSTEM. Some of them may be missing on your unit.

My only thought is to see if the failure is cause by the fact that neither PRG0 or PRG1 directories are present. So - try running testmode and manually creating them in /USER. I noticed in your video that there was lots of activity reading the SD before it errored. Maybe it was at the point where it was trying to load files in the missing directories.

Update: I  played with testmode for a while - that are many other diagnostic functions besides file maintenance. There is also a way to examine error logs. BTW, in testmode main menu, use the < > arrows to see several more pages of diagnostic tests. One of test is a NAND test. Use care with this - it can be destructive. But you can do a read test of the sectors of the USER NAND. It takes a while - don't run down your car's battery - Porsches are a pain if the battery get's too low and you can't open the front trunk to get to it (ask me how I know).

Other useful diagnostics might be Forced Write and Drive Maintenance. I'm not about to play with these powerful - yet dangerous functions on my good head unit.

However you might not have much to loose. Just back up USER first.

If all else fails, send in your unit for service. It might be as simple as re-imagining all the firmware.  

Went to paste PRG0 and PRG1 to the HU Users directory and the previous failed firmware update created a PRG1 folder and placed several files and directories in it. 

I pasted the directory PRG0 and re-ran the update and again got the same install error  message.  Should I try creating other directories that I am missing on the root directory? Where can I get a list of directories that should be on the X140BH?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help.

KBrandsma

Went to paste PRG0 and PRG1 to the HU Users directory and the previous failed firmware update created a PRG1 folder and placed several files and directories in it. 

I pasted the directory PRG0 and re-ran the update and again got the same install error  message.  Should I try creating other directories that I am missing on the root directory? Where can I get a list of directories that should be on the X140BH?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help.

KBrandsma

I created a back-up of /USER before installing 2013 upgrade. Here is the link (also have some Service Manuals):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7hT_tiaAzG2a29uUTZab2YtQTg&authuser=0

I created a back-up of /USER before installing 2013 upgrade. Here is the link (also have some Service Manuals):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7hT_tiaAzG2a29uUTZab2YtQTg&authuser=0

Can you please make a backup of your User folder after the update. I had the same issue like kbrandsma but now my system reboots while it shows firmware 4.00 and I had already 5.10 (2013) on it.

It will be great if you can help me with it.

Regards

Not gonna happen any time soon. Besides, there's several other things to try before getting that drastic. That's a hail mary when you've got nothing to loose.

I'm assuming 2013 (v5.0) installed OK and worked correctly before your problem started. Did you install any other updates (5.x)?   So what happened immediately before the problem started? Did you attempt any hacks? BTW, did you try to install Condi's Hackmode? That sounds like a symptom of that mess.

Try this:

- Boot into testmode. See if a file called  /USER/PRG.FLG (its an empty file). If it doesn't create one and copy it there. If it does exist, delete it. This tells the unit to try loading program files from the other alternate directory. If it doesn't exist, PRG0 files are loaded. If it exists, PRG1 files are loaded.

- If that doesn't work - put PRG.FLG back the way you found it (either add or remove PRG.FLG) and try re-installing 5.0 from SD.

Did you install any other updates (5.x)?

Yes, I tried to install Pioneerus on my device and that was the biggest mistake I did. The device won't boot after that.

I've tried to remove PRG.FLG and restarted the machine, it begann to update the firmware and the same thing....

I'll try to recreate and flash the newest firmware 5.0 or 5.10.

I'm trying to install 2013 Maps, but no luck... It won't start from the SD..

Regards