AVIC411.com

8000 in ARU - what music sources can be used?

Just another quick question I'm hoping one of the experts can answer.

If I have the 8000 connected to an Android phone running AR Unchained, and I'm running a phone app like Google Maps, can I still play music from the 8000 unit (like off the SD card?) simultaneously? Or do I have to play music from the Android phone too if I'm using the ARU mode?

(I'm curious because I hate to send audio over the BT connection due to the audio compression).

Can't answer your specific question, but my guess is no.

You'd have to be able to run two sources concurrently.  Typically choosing an AV source negates the audio of any other.  The other source probably doesn't even run in the background.  The only exception to that that I see built into these types of units is for navigation mode.

That said, you might be able to configure your system with some dual functionality using the dual zone outs.

yes you can...i do it all the time.  Select your music source first (radio, USB, or SD).

Plug in your phone to connec w/AR Unchained.  You will hit Mode to get to screen mirror.  If you hit the volume up or down button, you will see two tabs.

One for APP and one for your music source.  Select music source tab and you will be to listen to your music source with App radio mode running.