AVIC411.com

CRUTCHFIELD HAS AVIC-D3 IN STOCK AS OF THIS MORNING

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... now I got a notice saying my order was shipped. And the D3 is listed with the Sirius unit, however, it still says the d3 is on backorder. And the package shipped only weighs 2.5lbs. I shot them a call, and now they're telling me that it may not have shipped or be in. Im giving them til tomorrow to clear things up. If not, I'm canceling my order. I know CF is supposed to be pretty good, and they all seem nice in Cust. Service. But, I've been having a pretty shitty experience with this headunit.

There's a really good chance I'm gonna have to cancel and get it local. I'm getting a bit ticked. Ah, whatever. Not the end of the world, I just dont like being dicked around even if its not intentional.

In their defense, a crap load of orders are coming for this unit, esp. since they were still working to update fitting chart for it as well. I'm sure it'll be cleared up by tomorrow. I preordered mine and it happened to ship the first day available so I was rather happy.

damn guys..cf really jerked our chain on this one. i mean it's not their fault, but it did suck when they kept changing their status back and forth because it stopped some of us from jumping to places that actually had them...

well i jumped ship...and im getting mine on monday because i opted for ground, not next day....let me know if you guys have better luck. i feel for u guys...

where did you order yours from? and for how much?

damn guys..cf really jerked our chain on this one. i mean it's not their fault, but it did suck when they kept changing their status back and forth because it stopped some of us from jumping to places that actually had them...

well i jumped ship...and im getting mine on monday because i opted for ground, not next day....let me know if you guys have better luck. i feel for u guys...

i went with abt last night. but it was really a hard decision tho because i really like cf. they are world wide known. and their support is bar none. but who knows when they will get a new shipment. especially with the way that people have been ordering them like hot cakes.

i got it for 950 and im planning on getting the warranty as well.

not much of a drop off.

I did 'Find a store' search @ Pioneer Electronics website (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/dealer/locator/results/0,,2076_310069583,00.html) for AVIC-D3 and called the closest store in Massachusetts (i.e. CD'S ACQUISITION, INC.). They have D3 in stock.

I asked them if they can do a price match of $850 and told them that i'm getting that deal from crutchfield.com. They told me they'll do price match only if I have it installed from them.

So I think I'll just buy it from them and have it installed over the weekend.

Screw CF.

Cheers!

i went with abt last night. but it was really a hard decision tho because i really like cf. they are world wide known. and their support is bar none. but who knows when they will get a new shipment. especially with the way that people have been ordering them like hot cakes.

not much of a drop off.

I did 'Find a store' search @ Pioneer Electronics website (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/dealer/locator/results/0,,2076_310069583,00.html) for AVIC-D3 and called the closest store in Massachusetts (i.e. CD'S ACQUISITION, INC.). They have D3 in stock.

I asked them if they can do a price match of $850 and told them that i'm getting that deal from crutchfield.com. They told me they'll do price match only if I have it installed from them.

Screw CF.

Cheers!

not much of a drop off.

My bet is that your install charge increases by $150. I can't believe how desperate some of you guys are...guess its like those kids that wait in line for days on end for some stupid Nintendo console. Need it, want it, got to have it NOW NOW NOW!

Risko:

you dont understand, man....this is what we live for!

Screw CF.

Cheers!

not much of a drop off.

My bet is that your install charge increases by $150. I can't believe how desperate some of you guys are...guess its like those kids that wait in line for days on end for some stupid Nintendo console. Need it, want it, got to have it NOW NOW NOW!

Risko:

you dont understand, man....this is what we live for!

Screw CF.

Cheers!

not much of a drop off.

Do you know anything about this shop that has them in stock? I personally would do some research first before I take my vehicle anywhere. Just b/c they have the D3s in stock, does not mean that they are competent installers. Did you get a quote in installation? As I have mentioned before, Electronic Express has these in stock for $848 and they are an authorized retailer w/ 15 B&M locations in Middle TN, not just some fly-by-night website. I live for this stuff too, but I don't think its worth rushing into and making a bad move, especially since its close to $1000 we are talking about. I guarantee Crutchfield will have more of these in the next couple of days, possibly even tomorrow.

If anyone is looking for a D3 with fast shipping and good price, check this eBay listing. I purchased the D3 for $872 shipped with insurance yesterday, already got my tracking number with a scheduled delivery for this Monday :D I also purchased the iPod adapter for $34.40 shipped with insurance from the same store.

Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I woke up this morning and checked my order status...seems like its being shipped today afterall.

Very strange though.

I just talked to CF's CS and they confirmed that it'll be shipped in morning shipment batch.

The website still shows out-of-stock, so i guess they finally did find me avic-d3 unit after all that bitching and complaining and calling them 3-4 times a day. :)

I'll be installing it in my 07 camry next weekend.