AVIC411.com

DucatiBoy Circuit Ordering Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Thank you DucatiBoy, a flawless install![/b]

I had ordered my flasher on May 16th, if you recall, but only managed to buy the Z1 last week. Anyway, I had an N1 (upgraded to N2 software) and the stupid restrictions were driving me bonkers.

For reference, here is some info:

1. Ducatiboy flasher circuit works like a charm! (provided you can read and follow the most simple instructions)

2. N1 to Z1 upgrade was a lot easier then I thought ( got to keep the mic & gps antenna as well as the XM tuner from the N1 install)

3. Did not ground the parking wire and I never even saw the break warning! :-)

4. Car is an 02 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder and I used a Metra 70-7002 harness that gives me power/ill/antenna and a special audio harness so I can use the car's built-in amp. I'll take a pic soon and edit this post...

5. My Z1 is manufactured April 2006 so at least any unit until April 06 will work just fine with the DF (Ducati Flasher)

6. ALL system functionality is available whether you're parked or doing 80mph.

7. Z1 unit seems not to like DVD-R media for Movies (this is not a flaw, it seems a restriction of the DVD drive Pioneer decided to use in the Z1 vs the N1/N2) - Problem is easely solved if you burn your movies onto DVD+R media and set the booktype on the drive to DVD-ROM

8. Mad props to Ducatiboy on this one, the flasher is definetly worth every penny, and believe me ( I used to do circuits as well ) it is a pain in the ass to make something like this and do it so well that it can sell like hotcakes with no returns or complaints. Very good price (anything up to $50 is worth it on a $1500+ unit) and flawless operation.

Again, many thanks Ducatiboy, this was a really cool mod!

[b]Now if I can only figure out how to upgrade the puny 30GB HD to 100GB, find the backordered Bluetooth Adapter, and find a better unidirectional microphone, I'll be in business. Anyone have any ideas?[/b]
[quote name="Cosmic Gecko"]'Just received mine (all the way in Hawaii) the other day. Nice, professional looking circuit.[/quote]

Thanks! Glad I can help.

[quote name="Cosmic Gecko"]$35 is worth the hours it's saved me from building (and testing) my own equivalent circuit. :-)[/quote]

Yah, it's not brain surgery for any engineer type person, but I know how long it took me to get it just perfect. I did it cause there was nothing like this out there yet. If someone else had made one I would have just bought that. Now, I assume, people keep buying them for that very reason.
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="brucehulkbanner"]Ducati, how much would you charge me to install your unit in my 1999 acura rl. I can't get anyone to do it but I have hid's and my auto start wont do it.[/quote]

Sorry, but I don't do installs. If you can't pull the Z1 out of the dash, I wouldn't want to do it. I don't feel comfortable working on other people's vehicles. I needed the crutchfield manual to get my dash apart, I had no idea.
Hi Ducatti,

I just installed my flasher today and it works fine on start up and I can play DVDs while the emergency brake is down now! Thanks!

I was testing the emergency brake and flasher and the Z1 seems to recognize that the emergency brake is up and stops running video to the screen when I've engaged and then disengaged the emergency brake. Other than that the flasher is fully functional. Is this the case with everyone's flasher? It serves as an intial bypass but not an overall bypass? I have no complaints but I was just wondering if I installed the flasher correctly.

Thanks again for all your hard work put into making the flasher Ducatti. Your work is really appreciated!
Ryan
Actually if the parking brake is connected, just make sure that it's disengaged when you start the vehicle.

Do that and then hit MENU and look for the ADDRESS SEARCH and POI SEARCH buttons, are they available? If so then my circuit is working (if your parking brake is not applied... even if the wire is connected)

There aren't any levels of bypass. Leave the parking brake disengaged! And try it, all functions should be available (unless you have one of these newer Z1's).

If you apply the parking brake all the lockouts will be back until you turn off the vehicle and then start it back up again, with the parking brake disengaged.

Having the parking brake doesn't hurt anything but it will disable my circuit (if the parking brake is applied) till you shut down and reboot (with it disengaged).

This is why I say to just disconnect it. Other wise the lockouts come back sometimes and it was easier for me to say just don't connect it.

Do you have a new unit?

What's with the initial bypass vs overall bypass? If you meant that all functions are available when you first turn on the vehicle but when you apply the parking brake they come back? If so then it's how Pioneer programmed the Z1, if you use the parking brake often then you will want to disconnect the parking brake wire or put a toggle switch in there to disconnect it.
I'll have to check if the ADDRESS SEARCH and POI SEARCH buttons are available tomorrow. I'm sure they are since the DVD plays if the car is started with the parking brake disengaged.

No, luckily I've got the older unit.

Ya, I meant all functions are available when I first turn on the car with the parking brake disengaged and then as soon as I have the parking brake engaged and disengaged again, the DVD warning message appears and I get no video feed off the DVD. It won't be a bother as I use the parking brake rarely (specifically only for parking :wink:). I probably will disconnect the parking brake wire in the future. If the parking brake wire is disconnected will any functionality be lost?

Thanks