AVIC411.com

XM COUPON! I'm a bad muthaf... shut yomouf!

i called today and used ZWINBACK. $77.00 for a year

Nice :!: Which number did you call and about what time of the day was it?

I ask because after a certain time of the day, the calls get routed to other countries and I have a feeling that the reason some folks are getting rejected is because they aren't hitting the right call centers...

The receiver in my truck ($77/yr) I got that deal when I called at night and hit a call center in the Phillippines. It took a couple of calls, but I finally got it.

My wife's receiver (3 yrs free) I hit a US call center and got it. All the calls before the US call were overseas and no one knew about the promotion because it had to do with cars sold in the US.

Anyway, good for you on renewing at the same $77/yr rate, that gives hope for the rest of us 8)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask because after a certain time of the day, the calls get routed to other countries and I have a feeling that the reason some folks are getting rejected is because they aren't hitting the right call centers...

The receiver in my truck ($77/yr) I got that deal when I called at night and hit a call center in the Phillippines. It took a couple of calls, but I finally got it.

My wife's receiver (3 yrs free) I hit a US call center and got it. All the calls before the US call were overseas and no one knew about the promotion because it had to do with cars sold in the US.

Anyway, good for you on renewing at the same $77/yr rate, that gives hope for the rest of us 8)

Is this 3 yr xm deal still going on?

Is this 3 yr xm deal still going on?

Can't say for sure. When I found it around Christmas last year, the advertisement said that it started in summer 2008, so as of Christmas 2008 it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, so after a few calls and getting nowhere over the weekend, I finally cracked the code :wink:

You can renew at the $77/yr rate, but you cannot do it through the regular call center because they will tell you till they are blue in the face, that it is only available as a one time promotion.

What you have to do is when you call about the renewal and they tell you the new regular rate $142.??, you make mention of cancelling your subscription because you can't afford it, or it's too expensive or something to that nature.

IMPORTANT - When the CSR asks you if you are thinking of cancelling, say YES. Don't tell any stories, don't hem and haw, just be straight to the point and let them know that you find the full priced rate to be too expensive. They will then transfer you to a different department.

Once you're in the second department, you will be asked again why you are cancelling. Tell them the same thing. It's almost like the CSR's are reading from a script and feeding you lines. Go with the flow :arrow: The calls are recorded, so they cannot legally offer you alternatives up front. They have to ask you questions. In order to keep you as a customer, they will then start the bargaining. They will offer you a yearly subscription at half price. This is the $77/yr rate. In my case, that's just what I wanted, so I said YES. He immediately thanked me and started changing my account to reflect that my first radio will be renewed at the same rate as it was last year.

It's just that simple.

Now, from all the research I've done, I've found that it's the US call center(s) that starts the process. When you get transferred to the second place that helps you out with rates instead of cancelling, it's mostly overseas; in my case it was Jamaica.

I've seen a 90%-95% success rate using this number 1800-347-0600 during business hours.

I called 1877-228-9058 more than ten times over the weekend and ended up in three different call centers; Phillipines, India and Trinidad. All calls were denied renewal at the promo rate and 7 out of those ended with me saying "well I guess I'd like to cancel..." and the CSR saying "okay". No bargaining, no transfer to the cancellation dept.

Bottom line, don't call the 877 number, call the 800-347-0600.

At the start of my call this afternoon, I had two radios on the account. 1 My truck (up for renewal) and 2 my wife's truck (3 yrs free). I also had a $35 credit because of a billing adjustment from last year.

I added a radio for my motorcycle (#3) and got that at the $77/yr rate. So after all was said and done, I should have had to pay $77 for #1 renewal + $77 for adding #3 - $35 credit = $119 for two radio's for one year...not so!

The guy was so helpful and admitted that he was doing this because I was so cooperative on the phone, that he credited my account $50, so that put me at $69 total for two radios with a one year subscription :!: Plus of course the wife's 36 month free service :mrgreen:

Thanks XM :wink:

Tried to use the 77year/plan but they denied it. Im using the GEX-920xm I Bought online from someone, the guy told me its only for new or oem xm radios they do it for. He did give me 3 months for $15 and told me I could cancel after that so I don't get charged the regular rate.

Should I just call after the 3 months and ask for the $77/plan or what? I called twice and talked to 2 different people hoping one of them were gonna give me the deal but none of them budged.. :evil:

Call again and say this; "I was just doing some online research and I saw that XM is offering a one time only, one year subscription for $77 by using the ZWINBACK (spell it out) code and I would like to take advantage of this."

Did you call the 800 number I posted above, during business hours? If so, then keep trying.

FYI all of my radio's are Pioneer GEX-P920's. My truck and my wife's truck are refurbed units from Ebay and the third one that I just activated today was used from ebay. None were new, none are OEM.

Stick to your guns, it will work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WINBACK code is still good. Not sure if he just gave it to me but that's what I told him. I just used it today with no problems, $77 for the year. Def call the 800# and not the 877.

On a side note, after July 29th of this year, the XM guy told me that there will be a $5/month royalty charge. As long as you have the year contract, you will have that same rate until next year. Then you will see the additional 5 spot on your bill. So, that makes the package I want $17.99 a month? Humm, I don't think so. I'm already sceptical about paying for radio, I am enjoying the XM so far though.