AVIC411.com

XM COUPON! I'm a bad muthaf... shut yomouf!

Called the 800# and told rep I got an offer in the mail to comeback for 5 months for $20 but I couldn't find the letter however she activated my f90bt no questions ask. I asked about the 1yr for $77 which she was going to put on but I just couldn't pull the trigger with paying so much but b4 the royalty thing kicks in on the 30th I may call back and get that instead. It was super super easy.. it's as if she didn't care she just wanted to get me off the phone which is how I like my CSR to be.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit. I wish I had looked at this thread earlier, what a moron!

After paying $28.92/mo for the last 9 months (2 radios + NavTraffic + 128K XM Online), I called today and got $77/year for each radio, no if's/and's/but's. Thanks for posting this, saving a ton (now).

• 4 weeks later...
Okay, so after a few calls and getting nowhere over the weekend, I finally cracked the code :wink:

You can renew at the $77/yr rate, but you cannot do it through the regular call center because they will tell you till they are blue in the face, that it is only available as a one time promotion.

What you have to do is when you call about the renewal and they tell you the new regular rate $142.??, you make mention of cancelling your subscription because you can't afford it, or it's too expensive or something to that nature.

IMPORTANT - When the CSR asks you if you are thinking of cancelling, say YES. Don't tell any stories, don't hem and haw, just be straight to the point and let them know that you find the full priced rate to be too expensive. They will then transfer you to a different department.

Once you're in the second department, you will be asked again why you are cancelling. Tell them the same thing. It's almost like the CSR's are reading from a script and feeding you lines. Go with the flow :arrow: The calls are recorded, so they cannot legally offer you alternatives up front. They have to ask you questions. In order to keep you as a customer, they will then start the bargaining. They will offer you a yearly subscription at half price. This is the $77/yr rate. In my case, that's just what I wanted, so I said YES. He immediately thanked me and started changing my account to reflect that my first radio will be renewed at the same rate as it was last year.

It's just that simple.

Now, from all the research I've done, I've found that it's the US call center(s) that starts the process. When you get transferred to the second place that helps you out with rates instead of cancelling, it's mostly overseas; in my case it was Jamaica.

I've seen a 90%-95% success rate using this number 1800-347-0600 during business hours.

I called 1877-228-9058 more than ten times over the weekend and ended up in three different call centers; Phillipines, India and Trinidad. All calls were denied renewal at the promo rate and 7 out of those ended with me saying "well I guess I'd like to cancel..." and the CSR saying "okay". No bargaining, no transfer to the cancellation dept.

Bottom line, don't call the 877 number, call the 800-347-0600.

At the start of my call this afternoon, I had two radios on the account. 1 My truck (up for renewal) and 2 my wife's truck (3 yrs free). I also had a $35 credit because of a billing adjustment from last year.

I added a radio for my motorcycle (#3) and got that at the $77/yr rate. So after all was said and done, I should have had to pay $77 for #1 renewal + $77 for adding #3 - $35 credit = $119 for two radio's for one year...not so!

The guy was so helpful and admitted that he was doing this because I was so cooperative on the phone, that he credited my account $50, so that put me at $69 total for two radios with a one year subscription :!: Plus of course the wife's 36 month free service :mrgreen:

Thanks XM :wink:

Worked perfectly!! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to register today and I was told the ZWINBACK code was good and they will honor it. I asked to add best of sirius and they told me it is not possible to do it with the code. They wanted to go back to $16.95/mth for XM & Sirius plus tax.

Has anyone done this before? I told the rep I will need to reconsider and got off the phone.

Someone here said they added sirius for $45 more.

Please help. Thanks

• 4 months later...

Ok guys I just tried this using the method big-fokker wrote about and they told me this was for a one time 77 a year for one year only and that the price will reset once that year is up. Just need to clarify, do you guys, how have gotten this promo, have to call back at the end of the year and threaten to cancel to maintain that price or is this a true 77 dollars a year thing.

Ok after PMing a few people on here and looking over several other forums on this matter it does appear this is a one time yearly rate. Which means at the end of the year term they will auto renew you at either the quarterly or yearly rate. Several people on other forums have reported that they just call at the end of the term every year and threaten to cancel and get a renewal of 77 dollars a year. Several people have stated that they are on their 4th or 5th year with this promo. I went ahead and went with the plan and will try this again this time next year. Funny enough, I had a 60 dollar credit on my XM account that showed up last month that I didn't even know about. I of course applied that to the amount I will be paying for the year.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the 5 month for $20 promo and it ended in december so I called to close my account and was given another 4 months until april. In april I will call again to close the account and if I don't get anything else to keep me I will close the account and call back within a couple days to use that comeback coupon again.

• 2 weeks later...

OK today is 2/12/2010 I just hooked up the gex p920xm to my x910 I called the 877 number they would not give me any promo so I called the 800 # listed in this forum and she offered to give me the $77 a year plus $11 in royalty total $88 and she would credit $12 for using visa. BUT here is the best part she could not find my radio ID # so she transferred me to customer service and after finding my radio I advised her that the other woman agreed to give me $77 a year and $12 for using a visa card and she gave it to me forgetting about the royalty charge so final total $64 for the year YEAH. Thanks to all you guys for keeping this site going .

• 1 month later...

I hope this promo is still good, I'm going to try it. I have the Z110BT with HD and don't like the HD. I plan to pull the HD module out, the store will give me my money back or switch it over for Sirius. If this special is still good and I can get Sirius for $77 I think that is what I'm going to do.

• 3 weeks later...

yep! i got the deal after installing a new GEX for my pioneer x920 4 weeks ago. incredible deal. instead of $156 + tax for a year, i pay $77 + tax?? and all i had to do was pay it up front? hell yea id make that deal anyday! i gladly forked over the money.

i called the first time and the girl wouldnt give it to me without a promo code, but i called back a second time and asked another girl, "I wanted to know if the $77 online promotion was available?". she said it was and the rest is history.

its one hell of a deal.