AVIC411.com

Kenwood 7100 ready for install

First I want to say that the D3 installs are looking real good. I took a gamble with the Kenwood unit so I'll see if it pays off. If it doesn't, I'll sell it and try the D3. I'm man enough to admit if I make a mistake. This is not an intent to start a flame war at all. I know some members were going back and forth with the Z1, D3, and the Kenwood 7100. From reading the manual, it almost appears that the 7100 was made to compare with the Z2. The only reason I was in the situation of choosing between the D3 and the 7100 is the price difference was only $250. I'm about to install in my 05 Chrysler 300C. Here are a few pre install pics.

post-4807-12872751851327_thumb.jpg

post-4807-12872751852131_thumb.jpg

post-4807-1287275185287_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a sub-forum for "other navigation systems?"

I think I did see another forum for other navigation systems but the fact that there were members that posted in this area about this particular system is the reason I posted here. Just trying to help out other members.

Here are a few pics...I'll try to get more pics later...I need to drive around a little and see how well the nav works. ipod controls are just as fast as controlling a cd in the head unit. install was very fast and of course the kenwood bypass is very simple. maps can be upgraded by sd card. interface is pretty nice....let me know of any questions you may have and i'll check for you.

post-4807-12872751854679_thumb.jpg

post-4807-12872751855364_thumb.jpg

post-4807-12872751855934_thumb.jpg

Sorry fellas but I'm out of town now...I'll be back in later this week and will be able to post more pics and i'll try the video. The interface is very fluid and fast. I'm very satisfied with the unit at this point. The D3 looks nice but at this point I don't have a reason to change.

Here are a few pics...I'll try to get more pics later...I need to drive around a little and see how well the nav works. ipod controls are just as fast as controlling a cd in the head unit. install was very fast and of course the kenwood bypass is very simple. maps can be upgraded by sd card. interface is pretty nice....let me know of any questions you may have and i'll check for you.

Looks good! I just got a D3 and now seriously considering this kenwood. what is the bypass you mentioned?