AVIC411.com

D3 installed on my Scion tC

Thanks for providing all of the great pictures; install looks great!

You mentioned in your Cons section that:

'Select iPod videos through iPod itself and not directly through headunit'.

This is the first I'm hearing about this...you cannot browse your iPod videos via the Avic-D3?

Brent

on the d3 there is a great ipod interface for music, if you want to see pictures or video on the screen you have to use the ipod itself but for music its a great interface and much faster then many of the other ones out there

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for providing all of the great pictures; install looks great!

You mentioned in your Cons section that:

'Select iPod videos through iPod itself and not directly through headunit'.

This is the first I'm hearing about this...you cannot browse your iPod videos via the Avic-D3?

Brent

yes

itll pop up a screen saying use your iPod for full control. Then select the video through iPod. Only controls you have on HU is stop,forward/back. There is a music button on there to switch back to music

I HAVE AN 06 TC AND I JUST ORDERED THE D3, DO I NEED TO GET A WIRING HARNESS? DO I NEED TO GET THE PIONEER IPOD DIRECT WIRE OR CAN I USE THE ONE MY SCION ALREADY HAS? DO I NEED TO GET ANYTHING SPECIAL IN ORDER TO USE THE STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS? I JUST ORDERED THE HEAD UNIT, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I WOULD NEED TO BUY, THAT DOESN'T COME IN THE BOX, IN ORDER TO INSTALL AND BE READY FOR USE.

I HAVE AN 06 TC AND I JUST ORDERED THE D3, DO I NEED TO GET A WIRING HARNESS? DO I NEED TO GET THE PIONEER IPOD DIRECT WIRE OR CAN I USE THE ONE MY SCION ALREADY HAS? DO I NEED TO GET ANYTHING SPECIAL IN ORDER TO USE THE STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS? I JUST ORDERED THE HEAD UNIT, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I WOULD NEED TO BUY, THAT DOESN'T COME IN THE BOX, IN ORDER TO INSTALL AND BE READY FOR USE.

technically you don't need a wiring harness but its much easier with a wiring harness and you don't need to mess with stock harness. You can not use the scion ipod directipod cable as it's completely different to the d3's. As for steering wheel controls, you will need to order the Pac-Swi-PS. Turn caps lock off also