AVIC411.com

Nav Night-time display?

My stock wiring harness does not have illumination wires. I assume they are on the CAN BUS.

So without those is there a way to get the map into Night mode? I switch it in the settings and it does not do anything.

Anyone know? Maybe grounding the illum wire (lights always on type of thing)

Thanks,

Burn

Yeah, however I do not have the illumination wire hooked!

Called pioneer and they said it needs that wire, which is stupid that you can't change it on your own.

So any one know what else to use or tap into?

Parking Lights+ gray/yellow + driver kick or SJB, conn. E, pin 30

Notes: The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is part of the fuse/relay box under the driver side dash.

I need to connect the orange white wire that came with the crutchfield harness with the parking light??? I forget if there was a orange/white wire on the back of my pioneer harness..........

What are you talking about? You don't connect the crutchfield harness to the parking lights. If there is no orange/white wire in your pioneer harness, then this thread is totally useless to you because whatever radio you have doesn't have a dimmer.

Ok, I know thier was a orange wire, but i was not sure if the pioneer D3 harness had an orange / White wire.... i just dont rember..I installed it a few days ago.....Does the harness have a orange/white wire? and if it does ...do i connect it to the parking lights????