AVIC411.com

Great Deal on a D3 (FREE BACKUP CAM)

Guest THE OP

Guest THE OP

I just got the following items from crutchfield.

Pioneer AVIC-D3 DVD Navigation Receiver

Pioneer SIR-PNR2 Sirius Satellite Radio Add-on

Pioneer DEH-P4900iB CD Receiver

Pioneer CD-i200 Ipod Control I Ipod Control Interface

$30 Crutchfield gift card

Pioneer ND-BC2 Universal Rever Universal Reverse Rear-View Camera

All for $1067. They threw in the backup camera and ipod connector for FREE. Plus the referral credit and $15% off. I think it's a great deal. If anyone is waiting to get a D3, now is the time. FREE BACKUP CAMERA AND IPOD CONNECTOR!

I think if I were to resell the extra stuff, my D3 would end up costing me less than dealer cost. :D

What do you guys think?

I will post pics once I get everything and once I have it installed as well. Stay tuned.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, i think you coulda put this with the other threads regarding d3's but good job on a nice unit.

as far as what you could sell it for, thats relative, Id suppose your time is worth something.. and blah blah blah, I hope you didnt get it to sell it, seems like alot of trouble for a bit over $200 if so.

Guest THE OP

Nah, I wanted to make my own thread on it, but...thanks for the response "Til it hurts", it is much appreciated :roll: . If I can make a few bucks off the parts I don't need, why not? Actually, though, I am going to use all of the stuff I get. By the way, its not a matter of "making $200, its reducing the cost of the actual unit. I just wanted to share this with others so they get a good deal as well.

no worries on the response, but if you were going to make a few bucks on it, why not post it in a classifieds thread, if not, it really doesnt amount to more then 'lowest price...." or 'cheapest...." or probably a half dozen other threads, but whatever.

You just HAD to post this didn't you?!

I've been debating back and forth about switching my D2 for a D3.

I decided that because of the extra cost ~$300, I wasn't going to do it. But now?! Ahhhh.

I could sell my D2 for ~$600. If I was to get the same exact thing you did, I could sell the camera for ~$150. The other CD player for ~$150. And the Sirius for ~$50. Add all that up and you get $950 and I'm only spending $50 to upgrade my D2.

Someone stop me.

Guest THE OP

When I added the CD Receiver unit, they automatically threw in the ipod connector.

The backup camera is automatically added to your order when you get the D3. I had to chat with the CS rep Greg to confirm this.

What the hell?? Free back up camera with your D3?????!! I just payed $212 for mine from CF a week ago!? God damn, I hope they hook me up here! Thanks for the post, glad to hear you got such a good deal. lol I really hope they give me the discount, that would be killer.

wtf??

I j/placed an order last night, and mines came out to like $20-$40 less than that, and all i got was the D3 and ipod connector from crutchfield.

Did you use the 15% off code? Will CF let you cancel your order?

If they won't, then you can just place this order, get all that extra stuff for the extra $40 and then return the original order. CF will pay for the return shipping too. Just call and get an RMA number.

Worst case just threaten them w/ a return. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

As for me I just picked up the same components as THE OP. Since I already have a backup camera I figure I'll unload the Pioneer camera on ebay. Then break even on the Pioneer CD player by doing the same plus with it get the benefit of the free $30 ipod cable. This reduces the overlall cost by another $150+.

Afterwards this'll drop the price of my Avic-D3 to $850-$150= $700!!

I did one better. I noticed they gave me a $30 gift card with the deal by purchasing the Sirius tuner. I had them immediately apply the gift card to the CD-SR100 wireless steering wheel remote.

They can't ship it together due to the gift card, but as soon as my initial order ships, the next day they'll apply the $30 gift card and all I had to pay was the $9.99 balance for the remote. No extra shipping charges.

I worked with Jodi 1.800.388.2911 X4706. She was able to apply both the promotional code and $20 referral code.

If anyone needs a referral code, you can use mine:

$20 Referral Code: pu182-09tqa-puw8t

15% off Code: 3A185

The other important thing to consider is that Crutchfield is a Pioneer authorized seller. This means your D3 from them is covered by a 1 YR manufacturer warranty.

eBay purchases are not covered by the manufacturer and either have a shorter warranty period, or are covered by some 3rd party that can take weeks for repair.

One more thing. Since you're buying 2 headunits, you also get 2 sets of FREE vehicle specific installation accessories along w/ vehicle specific instructions to install your headunit (dash kit, vehicle specific wire harness, antenna adaptors, etc) Just be sure to put in 2 different vehicle types for each head unit. And with Crutchfield, you get free live technical support to help identify your VSS, reverse, and all other wiring.

Hope this helps you folks!

-Mark