Great Deal on a D3 (FREE BACKUP CAM)

Guest THE OP

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Camera did not come up for me either. I had to enter it in the comments section. Then they'll add it. Minutes later you should get your order summary emailed to you with the ND-BC2 camera listed as free.

Did you get the ipod connector for free as well?

Yup. I initially added it myself, then I added the 4900i radio, and it came up with a second ipod connector, but the second one was free. So then I just deleted the first one which was 29.99, and it still showed the remaining free one.

Yup. I initially added it myself, then I added the 4900i radio, and it came up with a second ipod connector, but the second one was free. So then I just deleted the first one which was 29.99, and it still showed the remaining free one.

Well I just called and they said a camera would be in the mail tomorrow. I decided not to push my luck w/ the Ipod connector or the $30 gift card. I guess I could just place a whole new order, but then I have to deal w/ the hassle of returning the whole first order.

WTF, I'm going to return my order and place a new one if they won't throw in the camera...I am trying to order a "new" set-up online and the camera is not coming up as free.

For some reason some of the free things Crutchfield gives you will show up in the shopping cart, and others won't. Last year when I got my D2, they threw in the S1 for free. It said it on the D2 product page, but when I added the D2 to the cart the S1 never showed up.

I gave a quick call to their customer service and confirmed that it will be included. Thats probably what they are doing with the camera. Call to be sure.

I just called CF's AWSOME customer service, and they said that I qualify for the free rear-view camera, and they will ship it tomorrow (I placed the order of avic-d3 on 03/03).

I tried to have it shipped overnight since i'm having my nav installed in couple of days, but no luck with that.

Thanks CF!

I just went to their site and added the D3 along with the Sirius Tuner but the camera nor the iPod adapter were added to the order. I went all the way through the process, up to the order confirmation page, and nada. I even tried to add both the iPod adapter and the backup camera manually and the continued to show up in the price.

Is there a trick to this or am I missing something? Do you need to call them to get this deal?

Well I just e-mailed them about the $30 XM gift card. I didn't want to keep calling back all in the same evening. If they say no, I will try calling in for another CSR tomorrow to get the gift card. I wouldn't push your luck w/ the Ipod adapter, since it appears to be a site error and should technically not be included.

call or chat with CS online and you should be able to get the free cam. Here's the link to this deal: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-k4OUDk623R5/popups/offerdetails.asp?offerid=19945

Cheers!!

I just went to their site and added the D3 along with the Sirius Tuner but the camera nor the iPod adapter were added to the order. I went all the way through the process, up to the order confirmation page, and nada. I even tried to add both the iPod adapter and the backup camera manually and the continued to show up in the price.

Is there a trick to this or am I missing something? Do you need to call them to get this deal?

You need to enter the promotional code and purchase 3 other Pioneer components. Put the same items in your cart as the first post and you'll see the same package deal.

You have to realize you're going to buy 2 headunits total, but the 2nd one is 15% off as well and gives you the free ipod adapter. You can get most of it back by putting it up on ebay.

I purchased the sirius turner as well, (also 15% off), with my order.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. Just chatted with a Crutchfield CSR online and got the free backup camera shipped out. Order confirmation was sent to me while I was still in the chat session. Awesome service!

To all those Crutchfield haters who saved $50 and bought it from an non-authorized Pioneer dealer, and then went on to flame Crutchfield all over this forum, try to beat that deal. AVIC-D3 AND backup camera ($250) with the backing of an Authorized Dealer. Even if you decide not to keep the backup camera, that's $170 easy on fleebay. That brings the cost of my AVIC-D3 (with free antenna adaptor and wiring harness) down to $680 shipped. Pretty tough to beat...

ok guys....

i just had a chat with CF's great CS, and mentioned about $30 gift card (I had to give them this link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-k4OUDk623R5/popups/offerdetails.asp?offerid=19954).

They'll be shipping the rear-view cam and $30 gift card tomorrow morning....

awsome...more ups/fedex tracking numbers to look forward to. lol

ok guys....

i just had a chat with CF's great CS, and mentioned about $30 gift card (I had to give them this link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-k4OUDk623R5/popups/offerdetails.asp?offerid=19954).

They'll be shipping the rear-view cam and $30 gift card tomorrow morning....

awsome...more ups/fedex tracking numbers to look forward to. lol

Aren;t you glad you didn't cancel that original CF order? ;)